MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 with battle damage. Size 62 marked BF 62. Does the damage look real?

Article about: Hi I am looking for a battle damaged or solid example of a M16,M18. In my search I found this example. Any thoughts about the battle damage or if its a good shell to purchase/display. Also i

Hi andy, I have deleted the text but can’t seem to remove the images. I understand the confusion this can cause. Sorry for any inconvenience, and especially to the mod/admin.

Cheers have a wonderful day - kai

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 with battle damage. Size 62 marked BF 62. Does the damage look real?
    P
    Many

Quote by Kaikun2001 View Post
    Hi andy, I have deleted the text but can’t seem to remove the images. I understand the confusion this can cause. Sorry for any inconvenience, and especially to the mod/admin.

Cheers have a wonderful day - kai
    No problem at all Kai

Don’t worry about trying to remove the image. I’d just start a new thread

Andy

As for dealers in the EU. There are a lot. Some of them are sponsors of the forum. E-bay can be supplier if your research is good and never hesitate to check the items on the forum.

What I did to get in contact with good dealers is to go to militaria fairs. Then you can see what kind of stuff they sell and have a personal chat.

You also can join internet auctions like Ratisbon's or Hermann Historica. It's worthwhile to check out the aftersales. It will save the auction premium.

Cheers Paul

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks like an original shell with a bullet entry and exit. Not much more to add really.
    Certainly a bullet entry hole, but the damage to the crown is likely to be shrapnel. You don't get an exit hole with the metal bent inwards.

Could this helmet have been ‘pickaxed?’ Lots of them were demilitarised that way at wars end.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Could this helmet have been ‘pickaxed?’ Lots of them were demilitarised that way at wars end.

B.B.
    No chance... a pickaxe blow is extreme low velocity and does not knock a chunk out of the helmet. It pierces through with a slightly deep depression and bends the edges sharply inwards. Shards of shell - being much higher velocity - tend to split, or knock chunks out of the helmet shell, leaving a shallower depression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2