Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 camo with signature

Article about: This one just came in a little bit ago easily my favorite one!

Default M16 camo with signature

This one just came in a little bit ago easily my favorite one!M16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 camo with signature
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Love the use of pencils we see so often in WW1 steel helmets!

The camo looks ok but can't really be sure based on these photos. Andy is a better than I with these so would love to hear his views.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Would love to see some closeups of the outside of this one Luftwaf, but based on these images of which the inside paint is commensurate with the general condition on the outside, I give this one the thumbs up. This is a very nice untouched example and a great score as untouched complete examples are getting harder to find. A very nice indelible pencil signature in the back. A lot of these pencils were made by Staedtler in Germany and were much preferred for being non-erasable which is why we see so many still visible today.

If you are able to, you might like to carefully take a peak under the liner pads as these will often reveal stamps, often purple and sometimes more signatures etc.

Congratulations!
    Andy

If possible, could you please take some high res images of the areas circled. Would like to have a quick look at those areas.
    Thanks.
    M16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signature

This one has been looked after. I'd guess the Sergt on the inside rim might be an abbreviation for Sergeant, German Army rank. The surname of the owner I'm not sure of.

Here's more pictures M16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signature

Thanks for the additional closeups. In hand, are you able to see any areas where there is original feldgrau showing underneath the camo?

there's a few hints of Feldgrau and some signatures on the liner!M16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signatureM16 camo with signature

MAP
    ?

I'm liking it more. It does however have some interesting characteristics to the camo.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can see a lot more patina in these photos! Slightly textured with either sand or dirt and with some rust bleed showing through.

Nice example.