Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M16 Stahlhelm - potential purchase

Article about: Hi all, Just after some opinions on the following helmet which is a potential purchase. I really like the no-nonsense appearance of this helmet particularly the subtle tones, the dirt in the

Default M16 Stahlhelm - potential purchase

Hi all,

Just after some opinions on the following helmet which is a potential purchase.

I really like the no-nonsense appearance of this helmet particularly the subtle tones, the dirt in the lug holes and the name on the liner. The only thing I am a bit intrigued by is why on the rear photo the black separation line goes under the paint drip and not over the top. I have an M17 that I have owned for 19 years with a similar large drip and can only assume that when the camo paint was applied to this particular helmet it simply worked itself under the drip???

It's also unusual that the separation line is not joined to the other black line on the right rear side. Other than that I really like it and feel that the general patina overall is consistent with a period camo.

I'd really welcome the opinion from more experienced collectors.

Thanks,
    AndrewM16 Stahlhelm - potential purchaseM16 Stahlhelm - potential purchaseM16 Stahlhelm - potential purchaseM16 Stahlhelm - potential purchaseM16 Stahlhelm - potential purchaseM16 Stahlhelm - potential purchase

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Stahlhelm - potential purchase
    P
    Many

Andrew
    If you are talking about the drip under the rear pin....I have no answer for that. I am not sure how these WW1 helmets were painted, in what order or process. However, I like the helmet, the paint appears period done & the helmet is well balanced
    David

Andrew,
    That is a nice looking helmet, I see writing on the liner, is it a name?
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi David,

I've seen many WW1 helmets with drips and one can only imagine it being slapped on as soon as the helmet had cooled from being pressed. It's just a little anomaly that I was curious about. I assume it the black dividing line simply went around the drip rather than over. Doesn't take anything away from the it's authenticity. Thanks, A

Hi Marty,
    The rank Gefreiter is written abbreviated to Gefr. Apparently the name is a bit harder to decifer.
    Andrew

Looks good to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Camo job looks absolutely fine and contemporary to the stahlhelm itself.

?

Looks good