Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M17 helmet dents

Article about: Hi, I saw this helmet and asked myself if it’s possible to remove the dents. So I wanted to ask if somebody has tried or knows if it’s possible to „repair“ these dents in the helmet

?

Default M17 helmet dents

Hi,

I saw this helmet and asked myself if it’s possible to remove the dents.

So I wanted to ask if somebody has tried or knows if it’s possible to „repair“ these dents in the helmet as I don’t think they are battle damage and just the result of bad handeling/children playing with it. Or would this do more damage than good to the helmet?

Best regards

M17 helmet dents
    M17 helmet dents
    M17 helmet dents

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 helmet dents
    P
    Many

I personally wouldn’t try, the steel is decently thick and once it’s dented like that it’ll never go back to the same contour as it’s stretched now, aswell as you run the risk of it cracking.

?

The risk of it cracking is what I feared but I guess I will pass the helmet then. Thanks for the feedback!

Why do you want to remove the dents? They are part of the history of the helmet, and they could possibly be combat damage. if you wanted a helmet without dents, then that is what you should have purchased. Don't interfere with history.

Steve

?

I didn’t purchase the helmet but thought about if it’s possible to remove the dents as I don’t think it’s very likely to be combat damage but correct me if I’m wrong. It’s only that the combat damaged helmets that I have seen looked very different from these dents.

Anon