Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M17 with painted hohenzollern

Article about: I still little bit confused if I post this in the right forum, but as I continue with my collection, I will continue in this forum. First, a precious German one : M17 with painted hohenzolle

Default M17 with painted hohenzollern

I still little bit confused if I post this in the right forum, but as I continue with my collection, I will continue in this forum. First, a precious German one : M17 with painted hohenzollern, 1st foot regiment or 1st Guards Signal Batallion. Any comments wellcome, pos and also neg if funded Manufacturer very difficult to read.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 with painted hohenzollern   M17 with painted hohenzollern  

M17 with painted hohenzollern   M17 with painted hohenzollern  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 with painted hohenzollern
    P
    Many

Hello, this one belonged to a younger couple who received it from the woman's grandfather, but they didn't know where he had it from. A lot of sellers of a helmet on the internet say it is found at a loft, barn...but difficult to check. ...

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    I still little bit confused if I post this in the right forum, but as I continue with my collection, I will continue in this forum. First, a precious German one : M17 with painted hohenzollern, 1st foot regiment or 1st Guards Signal Batallion. Any comments wellcome, pos and also neg if funded Manufacturer very difficult to read.
    Hello,

does not belong here in the topic, because it is not a belgian M15... and the helmet is unfortunately a complete copy.

Regards

Well, thanks for the reply. Your answer sounds a little upset, don't know why. If it is a copy, it is not yours, so no need to be so short. And I will not have a nervous breakdown if it is a copy. But at least I like to learn more about it and so tell me how you can see this helmet is a complete copy. Greetings Erwin

Hello,

The paint in this colour, finish and texture is not original.
    The leather is a reproduction. Here, too, the color and texture are not right. There were rivets in the holes that were removed. That wasn't the case with any original.
    The rivets are reproductions. You can see the round tips. The originals were angular.
    You can't see much of the shell under the paint. But here, too, I tend to copy. At best it is a refurbished original shell.

Regards

MAP
    ?

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

The paint in this colour, finish and texture is not original.
    The leather is a reproduction. Here, too, the color and texture are not right. There were rivets in the holes that were removed. That wasn't the case with any original.
    The rivets are reproductions. You can see the round tips. The originals were angular.
    You can't see much of the shell under the paint. But here, too, I tend to copy. At best it is a refurbished original shell.

Regards
    I agree. A fake helmet.

MillCollector: Sleepwalker was not upset nor short. He was just pointing out the issues. But it's easy for us to misunderstand the written word.

I will move these posts that are specific to the M17 into a new thread and place it in the Imperial Stahlhelm section.
    Last edited by MAP; 11-22-2022 at 12:31 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ok, thanks...It was of my first helmets and I'am glad that I did not pay much for it....so this fact alone made me already suspicious. I will study this helmet again with your remarks in my mind...like you said : always possible to misunderstand the written word, possible because I am flemish I will think about it next time. I just was not satisfied with an answer : the whole helmet is fake...the most important for me is why, so thank you for this reply. Regards

I agree with everything that sleepwalker stated above, I may even believe that the helmet is a relic/semi relic judging by the inside rim of the helmet being pitted and also the heavy texturing in the paint on the interior which hides up alot of the deeper pits. But I am glad you didn't pay much for it. But for being a first helmet even though it's been messed with its still a authentic M17 shell that will still display nicely.

Thanks for this positive note

It was quite a while that I inspected the 'hohenzollern' helmet, I now I must admit that I must have been blind not to see the 'defaults' on the helmet. Especially when you look at the paint that is painted on the rust. My apologize to sleepwalker that learned me to look at some features like the rectangular rivets. In books like 'German Helmets' by Jan M. Meland the attention is not drawn to this 'details'. That said I show a second helmet of mine an M18 in a new thread here. Regards