Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rate my shell + some input

Article about: My first proper post. A recent find, Quist "Q66" with what could be an "R" for Stahlwerk Roechling proceded by a "616" numerals; the phone camera really doesn't

Question Rate my shell + some input

My first proper post. A recent find, Quist "Q66" with what could be an "R" for Stahlwerk Roechling proceded by a "616" numerals; the phone camera really doesn't pick it up well at all. Do these rolling numbers mean anything important?

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, there appears to be a good amount of the Imperial green paint still present. Some minor spots of rust; what methods do you use to "kill", clean, or halt any further rusting?

Regards,
    -BW
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rate my shell + some input   Rate my shell + some input  

Rate my shell + some input   Rate my shell + some input  

Rate my shell + some input  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rate my shell + some input
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You have a very nice M16 shell that from what I can see has not been messed with.

The "roll numbers" are just a steel Lot #. Nothing of real importance.

On this helmet, don't touch it. No waxes, varnishes, treatments or anything. It's a solid shell and any "rust" is not active and minimal at best.

Hope I look this nice at the ripe old age of 105!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the info and advice, MAP (and also for the welcome). It's appreciated.

She'll be a shelf baby for good!

Looks like a nice original helmet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Nice find. As already said it needs nothing other than an occasional dusting.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes, as already stated by MAP, a nice M16 shell in original condition. Despite the lack of liner, it has a beautiful patina with lots of original paint that should be left as is. Congratulations and welcome
    Andy