Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.

Article about: My last pickup this year and another one that came via eBay and a good tip from a collecting friend, is this size 60 Sieman’s & Halske A.G. helmet. This manufacturer only produced size

Default S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.

My last pickup this year and another one that came via eBay and a good tip from a collecting friend, is this size 60 Sieman’s & Halske A.G. helmet. This manufacturer only produced sized 60 shells but interestingly in two slightly different forms with the earliest version being pressed with a steep drop from front to rear visor which looks not dissimilar to the first of the German WW1 steel helmets, the M16 “Square Dip” version manufactured by ET (Eisenhuttenwerk Thale AG firm). My example is the later S&H 1916 version with the steep drop modified to a shallower transition. Not sure of the reason for the change but I conclude it was likely in order to speed up the manufacturing process.

This example is in very nice untouched condition with a bright green shade of feldgrau that has now taken on a somewhat mottled patination as time has passed. Still with its original chinstrap, brass hardware, two of the three liner pads retain their horse hair filling, while the manufacturers stamp of superimposed S over H, has been struck quite lightly on this example. I’ve been very lucky to add this helmet as size 60’s are quite scarce, but it has also allowed me to compare it with my ET60, with the S&H having a slightly longer front visor, that gives the appearance of longer drop from the dome down to the front visor. It would appear also that the pressed trim around the entire skirt on the S&H is somewhat more pronounced by comparison.

Andy
    S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S&H M16 size 60 eBay pickup.
    P
    Many

Lovely find Andy !
    Paul

Can't beat the iconic look of the M16 helmet. Thank You for sharing with photos.

This one looks pretty amazing for it's age. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Because of the 'one size fits all' brow plate, the lugs take on a real 'frankenstein' look on the smaller sizes!! On my ET66 they look small by comparison....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    This one looks pretty amazing for it's age. Well done and thanks for sharing.
    Thanks! It’s in well used condition but the paint is nice. Even has some nice little chalk deposits still sitting in some areas.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Because of the 'one size fits all' brow plate, the lugs take on a real 'frankenstein' look on the smaller sizes!! On my ET66 they look small by comparison....
    The size 62 lugs also look small but nowhere near as much as the 60’s which are verging on comical.