Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.

Article about: Proving that nice untouched helmets can still be found on eBay, this lovely little M16 arrived earlier today. With size 62 being the only size of Imperial German Steel helmet that the Gebrue

Default Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.

Proving that nice untouched helmets can still be found on eBay, this lovely little M16 arrived earlier today. With size 62 being the only size of Imperial German Steel helmet that the Gebrueder Gnuechtel A.G., Lauter i./Sa., factory produced during the Great War, the shell is quite distinguishable by its deeply stepped vent lugs. The helmet shows obvious signs of use but little post war handling, with a well used liner, and remnants of chalk around the vent lugs and leather liner band, this example display a lovely shade of light field grey paint.

The original drawstring is present, with one of the pads retaining their filling. In the rear skirt is what looks like some writing with an indelible pencil with what appears to be the number 9 perhaps for 1919? The heating lot code of R385 is quite clearly struck inside the dome with the R denoting the rolling mill factory as Stahlwerk Röchling,Volkingen.

Whenever I see these untouched examples for sale, I almost feel obligated to collect them to save them from falling into the hands of the unscrupulous and being forever ruined with a fake camo paint job, and this one turned out to be a beauty.

Hope you like it it!
    Andy
    Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Untouched M16 Gnuechtel Stahlhelm.
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

That's a beauty. I really like the light shade of the paintwork!

Thank you! It’s certainly a bit different to the darker colours. There seems to have been quite a variation to the shades of field grey used by the different factories. Factor in the post war storage, different shade of paint, and post war handling, it’s no wonder we see such a variation.

A
    Last edited by AndyM35; 12-16-2022 at 10:48 AM.

MAP
    ?

Top shelf Andy. What a great find! Love the plugged hole and the fantastic age and patina.

I'd have this on my shelf any day!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Love it!

Awesome example. Thanks for saving it and sharing it.
    John

?

An absolute honey, Andy! If I could have only one, I think this could be it.
    Well done for saving another one!
    All the best,
    Rob