Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very nice M16 ET64

Article about: Hello everyone, Recently I am studying WW1 and WW2 helmets, I bought an M35 now I am studying M16... I have seen this one, paint looks good, marking inside the dome and ET look good too. The

Default Very nice M16 ET64

Hello everyone,
    Recently I am studying WW1 and WW2 helmets, I bought an M35 now I am studying M16...
    I have seen this one, paint looks good, marking inside the dome and ET look good too.
    The chin strap in quit wrinkled, I was analyzing the pins holding the inner liner and they look good to me, Furthermore the chinstrap looks good.
    The flaps look old and the tongues for the liner string have wrinkes and they look dry.

I would like your kind opinion!

Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Very nice M16 ET64
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very nice M16 ET64
    P
    Many

A very nice helmet! ET were known to have made the largest number of imperial German helmet shells.

The double ply leather liner band and pads all look original. Not 100% sure on the leather chinstrap. Any pictures of the opposing side? Especially at the ends? Is the strap constructed of one continuous piece of leather?

MAP
    ?

As I mentioned on GHW. It looks like a winner to me.

chinstrap looks OK, but I trust Andy's experience on these more than mine
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good looking helmet.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Good looking helmet.
    Thank you for your point of view!

Quote by MAP View Post
    As I mentioned on GHW. It looks like a winner to me.

chinstrap looks OK, but I trust Andy's experience on these more than mine

Thank you for both your replies! Always very kind

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    A very nice helmet! ET were known to have made the largest number of imperial German helmet shells.

The double ply leather liner band and pads all look original. Not 100% sure on the leather chinstrap. Any pictures of the opposing side? Especially at the ends? Is the strap constructed of one continuous piece of leather?
    Thank you for your detailed reply, I'll post the other chin strap pictures tomorow!

No need for any further photos, as I’ve just seen those that you posted on GHW. Looks fine!

From one of the photos you originally posted I thought that the strap was two piece which would not be correct for an M16. The M18 strap was two pieces, but this is not an M18 strap.

Increasingly hard to find complete untouched field grey steel helmets in such lightly used condition, so certainly one to hang in to.

A

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    No need for any further photos, as I’ve just seen those that you posted on GHW. Looks fine!

From one of the photos you originally posted I thought that the strap was two piece which would not be correct for an M16. The M18 strap was two pieces, but this is not an M18 strap.

Increasingly hard to find complete untouched field grey steel helmets in such lightly used condition, so certainly one to hang in to.

A
    Perfect! I'm happy of your and all positive comments! I'm happy I found it and that I recognized several good characteristics!
    Thank you! And thank every one for all the help!

A very nice untouched example. Very well conserved over more than 100 years. An edition to any helmet collection. Well done.

Cheers Paul

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    A very nice untouched example. Very well conserved over more than 100 years. An edition to any helmet collection. Well done.

Cheers Paul
    Hello! Yes I agree, it is incredibly well preserved, especially the chin strap, not even it is still there, but it is also the brass fittings one!