Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 German Camo For Review

Article about: I was scrolling through ebay and ran across this one. My first impression from the thumbnail was "that's an interesting camo." And when I opened it up, I was quite pleased with the

Default WW1 German Camo For Review

I was scrolling through ebay and ran across this one. My first impression from the thumbnail was "that's an interesting camo." And when I opened it up, I was quite pleased with the exterior paint job. However, the liner looks bad. So my thought became replaced liner. Then I saw the location as Latvia which immediately sent red flags out everywhere. When I looked at the sellers other items he has several, to me, obviously bad WW1 camo helmets. All of them seem to have the same characteristic brush strokes as this one. So I thought I would ask everybodys' thoughts. What saw you about this helmet at present - total fabrication on the paint job or no? If its a fabrication, its awfully good in my opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 German Camo For Review
    P
    Many

?

The whole thing looks contrived and not one to pursue, IMO.

Being from Latvia is also a dead giveaway.
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

Definitely do not like the liner
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Airbornehunter,

I don't like the helmet. I see a lot of red flags.

The helmet should give the impression of being a Quist m16 camo in size 66.

It's true that Quist only made helmets in size 66 and also the vent type is correct for a 66. BUT in my opinion the shape of the helmet doesn't match and the manufacturer's stamp is completely wrong (Both the Q and the 66). Unfortunately, the resolution of the photos is not that good, but I think I can also see a dot behind the Q that shouldn't be there.

As you and MAP have noted, the liner appears to be obviously wrong.

I don't like the camo paint either. The traces of wear seem too even to me. I would guess like you that the helmet has been treated with a brush or something to give it the appearance of a certain age.

In addition, the origin is in Latvia, which also makes me skeptical.

Overall, the whole helmet looks like a fake to me.

My advice, save your hard-earned money for another helmet. You won't have fun with this one.

Best regards
    Wolf

This is undoubtedly the work of the Latvian faker. Run a thousand miles from this crap. The entire shell has been repainted inside and out. Once you have seen enough of his helmets you’ll spot them a mile off.
    Below I compare his junk beside original period items for comparison. His liners have a shiny appearance and look way to new and fresh. The paint lacks depth and patina. There are other things, but these should be enough to dismiss his junk. My tip, buy field grey helmets before they are all destroyed with fake camos as it seems eBay has no interest in stopping this flagrant destruction.
    Andy
    WW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For ReviewWW1 German Camo For Review

I've seen this exact helmet being talked about in another group, apparently this seller has been going for about 15 years on ebay and will have another one along shortly painted by the same hand.

Apart from the bad liner the outside paintwork looks convincing, which is a worry if this is indeed a recent concoction.

I agree. The artificial patina is surprisingly good. Would fool many a new collector.