Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ww1 german helmet

Article about: Hello I bought this helmet earlier today it is quite rusty and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or info on how to remove the rust or stop it from spreading and any info will be greatly

I still can't see any marking but I did take a picture of where they would be or are (with and without flash) also here is an image of the side Ww1 german helmetWw1 german helmetWw1 german helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 german helmet
    P
    Many

Going by the 'step' on the exterior air vent it's a size 64 or less, looking at the pic with the flash, I'm sure I can see a slight vertical marking about 1/2 way across from the lug, maybe a light stamping, as I mentioned, a loupe, early evening daylight & a fair bit of patience, you might be able to 'pull out' detailing !
    Paul

I looked at it under the sun with a loupe and I beleive i could see the left side of the 6 but sadly nothing elseWw1 german helmet

I’d like to see a front on photo. It’s not a square dip, however it could be a G62 Gnuchtel or size 60 helmet based on the photos. A front on image would help as the side on photos make the vent lugs appear more regular in size whereas a frontal view will show the lugs on a size 60 shell as having a very deep step (see below).
    Could also just be a size 64. Sometimes it can be hard to tell from photos depending on the angle.
    Ww1 german helmet

Here you go Ww1 german helmet

Nice! Appears to be either a size 60 or 62 from this angle. Looks like it has brush strokes too and if so would indicate that it was reissued at some point during WW1.

Sometimes these smaller shells are mistaken for square dip helmets as their size accentuates the transition between the front and rear visor and makes the dome more pronounced etc. The below images shows the steep transition on a square dip helmet which caused a lot of these shells to crack at that point and require the slightly altered design that we see today. Because of this there were only around 30 thousand square dips pressed.
    Ww1 german helmet

Just looking at your photos again, I think I can see what looks to be the remains of a black painted size stamp which is another indicator of a depot refurb. Looks like a 60 or 62 but hard to say. A closeup photo of that would be great.
    Ww1 german helmet

Here you go hopefully this is good enoughWw1 german helmet

Thanks for the photo. A little hard to say but I’m leaning towards a 62, but still a nice pickup regardless.

Thank you for all the help have a great day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2