Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ww1 german stahlhelm identification.

Article about: Hi all. I am at a local show and ran across this helmet. I was told it's all original and correct. The paint is textured and there is a painted decal of a german MG on one side and a red and

And this is why I come to you guys for a second opinion. From afar I liked it and when I picked it up I thought "Nope no way but I'll check".
    With that said several comments were it was scarce and it's a "Berndorfer “Hungarian” shell".
    Would you have the time to educate me on how you determined that? I assume there are glaring differences between that and other stahlhelms?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 german stahlhelm identification.
    P
    Many

The 2 front helmet rivets are BEHIND the vent lugs. The maker stamp will be a neck stamp of the Berndorfer Bear and it is a size 64. The shell is rare, but the value has been severely compromised by the post War “art”.

Simon, on top of what Jim has already said, there are subtle differences in the shape of the shell too.

To see an example of an original WW1 period example go over to German Helmets Inc and have a look at
    Item 879 M1918 Austrian Krupp/Berndorf helmet.

Thank you, I'll check it out!

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The 2 front helmet rivets are BEHIND the vent lugs. The maker stamp will be a neck stamp of the Berndorfer Bear and it is a size 64. The shell is rare, but the value has been severely compromised by the post War “art”.
    Okay perhaps further educate me? The helmet marking I couldn't see and I looked for quite a bit (probably from all the fresh paint), but how did you determine its size just from pictures? Or did you see the stamp in them and I didn't.

So for 725.00 I was smart to move on from this one I'd say.....

MAP
    ?

Late to the parade here.

Moved this to the Imperial section. It is not WW2 related. Weimar "maybe" but not WW2.

Either way, nothing to add to what everyone has already said. A "hurt the eyes" fake on a rare shell. A shame.

You were wise to pass this one by
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm sorry for posting this on the wrong forum. I tried to do this at the show from my phone, a Galaxy S21 and it didn't work well with this site for some reason. Originally it posted the helmet and pics of civil war cannons from earlier in the day I deleted from my phone. I appreciate you correcting some of my issues.

Thank you.

Simon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    I'm sorry for posting this on the wrong forum......
    Thank you.

Simon.
    Nah! No worries! I gotta do something around here to earn my job title!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2