Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Pickelhaubes picked up today

Article about: I am back. Can the forum help me date these and what what does the does the badge represent, Infantry? It also has 23R on the visor. The other came without a Wappen with two large holes in f

?

Default Two Pickelhaubes picked up today

I am back. Can the forum help me date these and what what does the does the badge represent, Infantry? It also has 23R on the visor. The other came without a Wappen with two large holes in front. The liners look real but you know how tricky that can be? These came from a local army surplus store. They went out of business but the owners son is getting rid of sme of his stuff that sat in the back room for years. He didn' know he had them until the other day. The last picture is a strap that came with them. What would that be for ? Thanks Will
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Pickelhaubes picked up today   Two Pickelhaubes picked up today  

Two Pickelhaubes picked up today   Two Pickelhaubes picked up today  

Two Pickelhaubes picked up today   Two Pickelhaubes picked up today  

Two Pickelhaubes picked up today  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Pickelhaubes picked up today
    P
    Many

Model 1895 enlisted man's helmet. So between 1895 and 1916.
    The wappen is the symbol of the Kingdom of Prussia
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The strap looks like part of an early U.S. rifle sling
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

MAP
    ?

Fittings look to be steel instead of brass. As such these are Model 1915's.

Index Feldgrau helmets

They should clean up nicely and can be restored. Just need a Wappen (for one), chinstrap and Korkarden. You should be able to find an original Wappen and Korarden but might be best to get a repo chinstrap as originals are near impossible to find.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you to all the help. I will be going through an old freight trailer full of army surplus from the old surplus store where i had gotten these from. Who knows what I will find. Supposedly there are three complete German bring home helmets in the front of the trailer. I picked up a box full of liner chin straps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Pickelhaubes picked up today  

MAP
    ?

Are those WW2 era M1 chin straps?

Sure there will be a lot of interest in those!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here you go Will, I knew I had one of these someplaceTwo Pickelhaubes picked up today
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

?

Thats it. M-1 Garand.

Some great pickups Will! A particularly nice liner in the one with the Wappen.. There are enough original parts around that with these nice Haubes you could do a very nice restoration with the addition of the Wappen and cockades.

Hope you pick up some nice helmets and would love to see those as well if you get them!

Andy