Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet

Article about: Hi All, I picked this one up believing it was a regular M1895 bayonet, just for a good price. It turned out that this started life as the NCO/officers variant of the M1895 but has been rewor

Default Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet

Hi All,

I picked this one up believing it was a regular M1895 bayonet, just for a good price. It turned out that this started life as the NCO/officers variant of the M1895 but has been reworked in Bulgaria.

It started life with the hood quillon that had been ground off during the Bulgarian rework however the hole in the pommel for the lanyard loop remains.

Bulgaria appear to have had a large surplus of these during and post WW2 where they were reworked and electro-pencilled with new serial numbers. This example retains its orginal number that has been crossed out and retains the Austrian markings on the blade.

I have always found the inverted blade to be an interesting choice on these.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet   Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet  

Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet   Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet  

Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet   Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bulgarian Reworked M1895 Austro-Hungarian Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Its a M1895 bayonet mostly NCO as remained hole for strap ring, the bulgarians reworked similar bayonets heavily, this bayonet got a replacement crossguard even too from NCO with removed hook, as visible on different head of rivets, the bulgarian added new serials on both sides, one striked out. Grips are origin there, the scabbard was refurbished too.