Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Demag crank handle bayonet question

Article about: Curious about this “crank handle” bayonet. I know there are several variations of markings on these, and I have been debating the authenticity of this example. The good Hollow rivets Sta

Default Demag crank handle bayonet question

Curious about this “crank handle” bayonet. I know there are several variations of markings on these, and I have been debating the authenticity of this example.

The good
    Hollow rivets
    Star buttons
    Mix of green and black/grey paint
    Painted scabbard

The bad
    No spine marking
    Not enough tilt on cross guard
    Asterisk instead of stars (As I understand it some originals, but most reproductions use stars instead of asterisks between demag and duisburg)

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-13-2023 at 02:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Demag crank handle bayonet question
    P
    Many

We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites here.
    Please follow the instructions in the following thread to upload your photos correctly to your post.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Just a thought, perhaps threads like these should be closed by the Mod and the OP should be required to start a new thread or have the thread removed altogether, as a researcher (other topics) it is loathsome to view a thread like this in the future and there is a cup full of nothing, just my two cents, for future reference.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Demag crank handle bayonet question   Demag crank handle bayonet question  

Demag crank handle bayonet question   Demag crank handle bayonet question  

Demag crank handle bayonet question   Demag crank handle bayonet question  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

From the details it looks ok to me, but is not state buyed so not inspector proofed, so this is mostly a private purchase. tip of blade looks blunted.

My mistake with the image hosting, tried it through the sight but it was limiting the number of pictures I could add. Been a while since I've come around besides lurking but uploading the pictures to the site for posterity makes perfect sense as that's how I get much of my information. Won't happen again.

Tip is blunted, but have heard varying things on the authenticity of those without inspector marks on spines. Overall it does have a very good appearance, I wouldn't hesitate if it weren't for the markings. Thanks for the help!

I would say it's authentic period knife. Absence of fraktur mark simply means it was not part of a Government contract order. Could have be sold in an outfitter shop and still ended up in the trenches.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Just a thought, perhaps threads like these should be closed by the Mod and the OP should be required to start a new thread or have the thread removed altogether, as a researcher (other topics) it is loathsome to view a thread like this in the future and there is a cup full of nothing, just my two cents, for future reference.. G
    Thanks G for posting the photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)