Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Determine the authenticity of Wound Badges

Article about: Here are 3 Wound Badges of WW1.

Default Determine the authenticity of Wound Badges

Determine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound Badges
    Determine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound BadgesDetermine the authenticity of Wound Badges

Here are 3 Wound Badges of WW1.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Determine the authenticity of Wound Badges
    P
    Many

Being a new member you probably haven't realised but you will need to post each badge separately. Partly because it causes confusion as to which badge which comment refers to and also for ease of reference when others read it in the future.

Also please post them in the correct orientation as members will be less inclined to look at something if they have to twist their neck.

That said, I think the first one is a very bad fake with too much wrong with it to list. I stand to be corrected but I certainly would not want it. I haven't looked at the others for the reasons stated.

Regards

Mark

PS It is always a good idea to tell us what you think about them, where they came from etc. This shows effort. Also asking a specific question and being polite helps too.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-29-2024 at 03:50 PM. Reason: ps
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I would like to upload photos in normal form. But in the first thread they pointed out to me that to upload photos you should use the forum’s built-in tool. The problem is that this tool automatically flips the photo, making it unwatchable. But there is simply no functionality to flip a photo using this tool.
    Thanks for your opinion about the gold class. I had a similar opinion, because I`ve not find this copy in the public domain and accessible literature. A familiar collector helped me figure out the rest.
    Thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Determine the authenticity of Wound Badges  

Save and rotate it before you post it. Also larger images are more helpful but you need to show the reverse as well.

From this one picture I don't like it.

Regards

Mark

Determine the authenticity of Wound Badges
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I've had similar problems with rotating photos, even after I've saved and rotated them. Anyway, your first badge is fake, second one looks good and the cut-out example has a strange finish but could be OK.

?

The first badge is a fake. The second badge looks to have the same obverse design as found on certain AWS made badges. The cut out is a chemically stripped black Otto Schickle, showing the zinc base metal. Traces of black paint can be seen in the hinge and catch photos.
    2 and 3 are good.

Regards
    Brett

I've found that pictures that are too large tend to load sideways.
    Sometimes resizing them to a slightly smaller size will cure the problem.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

The most common issue with the rotating of the photos is not due to the forum. It is due to how your cell phone classifies the orientation when you take the photo. Do you hold the phone sideways when you that the photo? When you view the photos on your phone the photo will typically auto rotate so it does not "appear to be sideways". But once you post a photo, this auto rotate feature is gone and the original orientation (sideways) becomes apparent

Usually, downloading them to the PC, rotating them to the correct orientation (even if it looks correct, just rotate 360 degrees again) and then making one small edit (like a crop or something) and then save. this usually fixes the issue.

Another point is that typically, these issues are with iPhones (but not always).
    Last edited by MAP; 03-01-2024 at 10:03 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)