Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutschritter-Kreuz, Detachment von Randow.

Article about: Known as the Deutschritter-Kreuz, or, the German Knight's Cross. After the end of WW I, Hauptmann (Alfred) von Randow found himself in the Baltic States. There he set up the "Volunteer

Default Deutschritter-Kreuz, Detachment von Randow.

Known as the Deutschritter-Kreuz, or, the German Knight's Cross.

After the end of WW I, Hauptmann (Alfred) von Randow found himself in the Baltic States. There he set up the "Volunteer Detachment von Randow" (Freiwilligen Detachement von Randow) to add security for the Lidowiany-Tauroggen railway line, among other things. Randow commanded the detachment for almost five months. During this time he gave the corps a flag and donated a badge and a medal, the so-called German Knight Cross.
    Detachment von Randow was later absorbed by the "Eiserne Division", (Iron Division).
    Originating in 1919, and designed by Alfred von Randow, this medal was issued mainly to members of the Free Corps formation "Volunteer Detachment von Randow" (Freiwilligen Detachement von Randow).
    This original example has no damage to the enamel, as they are prone to have at the center, and almost all of the finish on the reverse still remains. The hardware is also intact.
    My last addition of 2022. I had my eye out for something like this for a while now.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutschritter-Kreuz, Detachment von Randow.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very very very nice!

Excellent condition with no enamel chips as well. Most I've seen have missing enamel in the middle.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice, thanks for showing and for the Infos!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very very very nice!

Excellent condition with no enamel chips as well. Most I've seen have missing enamel in the middle.
    Thank you Michael!
    Yes, often missing some enamel in the center.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Very nice, thanks for showing and for the Infos!
    Thank you!
    Ralph.

As you probably know, these crosses are a massive mine field of fakery. Your example looks to my untrained eye like a later example.

That's a good looking cross. ralph.
    I've always stayed away from them just because of what Vince has said.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    As you probably know, these crosses are a massive mine field of fakery. Your example looks to my untrained eye like a later example.
    I have no concerns about originality. I did some research before I purchased it.
    I bought it from Brian L, he is the Moderator for the Freikorps section on WAF.
    Here is a thread that shows this very cross for reference.
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

It is also a match to the one in the Reference thread started by him, post #9.

Some more good information in post #9 of this thread.

Ralph.

I know Brian, but have been permanently banned from that site for being an 'anti-Semite', which is a massive joke when you know my family history. But anyway, coming from that site is no guarantee of authenticity, as I can attest to from experience.

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    I know Brian, but have been permanently banned from that site for being an 'anti-Semite', which is a massive joke when you know my family history. But anyway, coming from that site is no guarantee of authenticity, as I can attest to from experience.
    I know it's not perfect, but if you do your due diligence, it can be beneficial.
    Every extra resource is necessary in this hobby today.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast