Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse MM R SCH

Article about: It's been a while since my last addition but I'd like to share this knew acquisition, A good clear ring stamp to this one R SCH and I'm hoping I've got my research correct as this being a Ri

Ken,

That is a first sighting for me as well for that Manufacturer. Wow, is an understatement!

Cheers,

Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse MM R SCH
    P
    Many

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Nice find Ken.
    That is one of the very hardest Ek2 maker marks to find.
    I always meant to ask that question, but never got round to it. Please tell us which one is considered to be THE hardest one to come by.

?

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Ken,

That is a first sighting for me as well for that Manufacturer. Wow, is an understatement!

Cheers,

Joel
    Joel,
    I must admit I've only seen a couple in my collecting time and both times I've been lucky enough to purchase them. This second addition was a tip off from Jamie7d and I extend my thanks to him for that.

Ken

?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    I always meant to ask that question, but never got round to it. Please tell us which one is considered to be THE hardest one to come by.
    Great question that one.

I've personally never seen an Imperial EK2 with the mark KMST other than in images on the forums, never in hand so to speak and it's one I'd really like to add. I'd also like a 925 marked from Meybauer but again I've still not come across one yet.

Ken

Quote by Wilko View Post
    Great question that one.

I've personally never seen an Imperial EK2 with the mark KMST other than in images on the forums, never in hand so to speak and it's one I'd really like to add. I'd also like a 925 marked from Meybauer but again I've still not come across one yet.

Ken
    KMST 2nd class crosses are usually just marked just KM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    I don't know the answer to that question. I don't actively collect 1914 2nd class.
    I just pict them up from time to time. But here are a few makers marks that I
    have very rarely seen.
    RSCH
    HB
    PS
    JWS
    LV11
    LV12
    KM

Happy hunting
    gregM

myself around.

?

Some on that list to aim for Greg.

Ken

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    KMST 2nd class crosses are usually just marked just KM.
    I will stop looking for that one now, it explains why I've seen KMST on 1st klasse but not 2nd.
    Still learning Greg.
    Ken

Quote by Wilko View Post
    Great question that one.

Ken
    Not exactly a 925 Meybauer, but here is one for sale that is a coat of arms marked Meybauer

Preussen Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse 1914 - Meybauer - Prussia - German States pre- 1933: Orders and decorations - Military Antiques
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse MM R SCH   Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse MM R SCH  

Meybauer did make 2nd class crosses. Almost all are unmarked except for some marked 800
    or very rarely 925. I have seen a ek2 marked PM years ago but never got a picture of it so I can
    not say for sure that it was a Meybauer.

If we could combine my Meybauer pinback silver stamp with the hallmark posted above we would
    have a really good cross.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse MM R SCH   Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse MM R SCH  

gregM

myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2