Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?

Article about: Hello everybody, my first post here! Also, I'm not an expert in German imperial awards, therefore I need help authenticating the EK2 in the pictures, as I am not sure if it's the real thing

AWE
    ?

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?

Hello everybody, my first post here! Also, I'm not an expert in German imperial awards, therefore I need help authenticating the EK2 in the pictures, as I am not sure if it's the real thing or not. Any help appreciated!
    PS: These are the best/clearest out of 20 or 30 pics I've got from the seller but if needed, I could ask him to make some more...

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - original or fake?
    P
    Many

It is an original period made EKII. It was produced by Konigliches Munzamt Orden of Berlin.

AWE
    ?

Thank you for the reply, now another question: the seller is asking for 90 EUR (approx. 80 GBP), is it worth it, considering it's only the medal itself (no ribbon/papers)?

Hey AWE, if you stick around you'll soon discover that price/value isn't discussed on here.

However, as a welcome gift (lol) a 1939 EK2 might attract a price like that but for a WW1 EK2 from one of the most common makers, it is a hideously high price and one which you should treat with contempt, call the seller a bounder and a cad before bidding him farewell 👍

Cheers

Jamie

AWE
    ?

Thank you Jamie and sorry for asking about the value! Learning...

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    What you have been told so far is correct. It should go for about half of what is being asked.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

AWE
    ?

Now this is what I call a great community! Anyway, I've already told the seller ''sorry but no deal unless you cut the asking price in half''! Even so, I will probably look elsewhere for something ''mintier''.
    Please expect being asked for further advice (apologies in advance) as this is a very uncharted territory for me...

Quote by AWE View Post
    Now this is what I call a great community! Anyway, I've already told the seller ''sorry but no deal unless you cut the asking price in half''! Even so, I will probably look elsewhere for something ''mintier''.
    Not sure why you would look for something "mintier", this is a fine example of an early KO EK with a sand cast core and no damage. You won't find them in a lot better condition than this.
    You just need to find them at a better price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by AWE View Post
    Please expect being asked for further advice (apologies in advance) as this is a very uncharted territory for me...
    No need to apologize. We are happy to help out new collectors. For me, I would much
    rather give a or on a cross that someone is thinking of buying
    then having to tell them after the fact that they just wasted their money on a fake.

Welcome to the forum.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

AWE
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    You just need to find them at a better price.
    Ralph.
    Already solved this part, the seller will let it go for approx. 60% of the initial asking price!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast