Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Freiwilligen-Sturmabteilung Roßbach Sleeve Badge

Article about: Freikorps Roßbach marched 1200 miles from Berlin and rescued Iron Division from destruction near Thorensburg in November 1919. It attacked the Latvian army that had the Freikorps unit surro

Default Freiwilligen-Sturmabteilung Roßbach Sleeve Badge

Freikorps Roßbach marched 1200 miles from Berlin and rescued Iron Division from destruction near Thorensburg in November 1919. It attacked the Latvian army that had the Freikorps unit surrounded, broke through to it and held off the Latvians long enough for men of the Iron Division to escape.

It was ordered to disband by the government when returning from the Baltic in December 1919 but Roßbach refused. It was disbanded after the Kapp Putsch and was used to form Reichswehr Jägerbataillon 39.

It was again disbanded during the reorganization of the Reichswehr but continued to function under various cover names, including worker group and detective agency. Elements of it fought against the Poles in Upper Silesia and later took part in the Beer Hall Putsch. It was disbanded permanently in a ceremony 9 November 1933 for the 10th anniversary of the Beer Hall Putsch.

This version of the sleeve badge with the tangs purposely cut off so that it could be sewn on the sleeve.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freiwilligen-Sturmabteilung Roßbach Sleeve Badge
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice Ralph. A period that I know little about so thanks for the background information
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That's a beautiful piece !
    Regards, Al

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice Ralph. A period that I know little about so thanks for the background information
    Thanks Michael!
    It's an area that I am finding some interest in, and trying to learn a little along the way.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Aldo View Post
    That's a beautiful piece !
    Thank you Al!
    Ralph.

Nice piece Ralph.
    I've seen them before and knew that they were a Freicorps era item
    but I never bothered to learn the history of the group.

Thanks for that.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.