Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück

Article about: Hello Are the pieces early or late production?

?

Default Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück

Hello
    Are the pieces early or late production?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück   Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück  

Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück   Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum. I think you will get more answers if you post in the Imperial forum. Hopefully one of the Mods will move the thread for you.
    Have you got any closer individual photos?
    From the obverse, there is a lack of quality and the EKs don't look like they've been vaulted enough to sit against the sunburst properly, the corners look like they're sticking up.
    There is a marked difference between the obverse and reverse of the Großkreuz. The obverse looks cleaned and modern, the reverse looks aged.
    Hopefully some of the other guys will lend an opinion.
    They might be S&L or complete reproduction.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I only have these pictures

MAP
    ?

Thread moved.

The three Star of the Grand Cross of the Iron cross's you show are at best post WW2 examples and probably even more recent fakes. Only two of these were officially awarded. What we collect are post WW1 (1930's) samples made for museums or to showcase their manufacturing skills.

I own an original S&L from the early 1930's and the one in your photo does not match up at all.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Post-war production from the 60s-70s by Steinhauer & Lück ?
    best regards Matthias

MAP
    ?

Quote by Biwak1 View Post
    Post-war production from the 60s-70s by Steinhauer & Lück ?
    To be honest, I don't know when these were made or by whom. I just know that they are not period accepted examples.

Personally, I would guess that the St&L marked example is a complete fake as it does not match any of the features seen in the 1930's examples.

The quality of the craftmanship from an original example and these is night and day unfortunately.

That said, given how rare period copies are to find, not even taking into account the high prices for them, these should be decent placeholders.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with Michael completely.
    The true S-L copies that I have seen have been better quality.
    I think that these are most likely resent fakes.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

An S&L to compare to.

Großkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz + Brustern Steinhauer & Lück