Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class

Article about: Hi, According to my understanding, this is an authentic example of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class, and also I believe it to predate WW1. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for any ass

KSH
    ?

Default Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class

Hi,

According to my understanding, this is an authentic example of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class, and also I believe it to predate WW1. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class   Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class  

Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class   Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class  

Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class   Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class  

Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knigth's Cross of the Zähringer Lion, 2nd Class
    P
    Many

Determining whether this medal predates the 1914-1918 period (although it is highly probable, seeing the other medal in the ordernsspange) is beyond my scope, but I have to say that it is simply magnificent and I love how well the colors of the medal ribbon match with those of the ribbon of the Medal of the 50th Anniversary of the Reign of Grand Duke Friedrich 1852-1902.

Regards
    Santi

Nice bar, which I would date to around 1910.

KSH
    ?

@VtwinVince, Thank you for that information! Do you also agree with my assessment that it is indeed an authentic piece?

KSH
    ?

Quote by TabsTabs1964 View Post
    Determining whether this medal predates the 1914-1918 period (although it is highly probable, seeing the other medal in the ordernsspange) is beyond my scope, but I have to say that it is simply magnificent and I love how well the colors of the medal ribbon match with those of the ribbon of the Medal of the 50th Anniversary of the Reign of Grand Duke Friedrich 1852-1902.

Regards
    Santi
    Yeah, they truly look amazing

Looks like a textbook piece to me.

MAP
    ?

Stunning looking award.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)