Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Pilot and Observer Badge Help

Article about: Hi all, Hopefully I've posted this on the correct forum. I've came across a few Prussian badges that I would like second opinions on. They don't have the casting flaw that is detailed in the

Default Prussian Pilot and Observer Badge Help

Hi all,

Hopefully I've posted this on the correct forum.

I've came across a few Prussian badges that I would like second opinions on. They don't have the casting flaw that is detailed in the thread FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges which would immediately indicate a fake. The observers badge does have the black speckles in the red enamel that is mentioned in that thread. The stamped pilot's badge has some unusual crazing/coloration that I've tried to capture in the photos. None of these badges have any marks that I could find.

Because these badges are so highly faked I would like some more eyes to take a look at them. I suspect if they are authentic that they are post-war from the 20s or 30s.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Pilot and Observer Badge Help
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Unless someone chimes in, I can take a look through my "sole" reference book tomorrow.

What is the bottom one made of? Is should be sterling silver but in these photos it does not look so.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Moved to the Imperial section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you! I'm not sure what it is made of, and I agree that it doesn't look sterling. It didn't have any metal content marks.

It will take me some time to sort these 3-badges of yours out as to whether they are real or repros. I don't have these details memorized from my reference books by Stephen Thomas Previtera, Carsten Baldes, and am waiting on my volume 1 Robert Pandis book that should arrive on Tuesday.

Best Wishes,

Alan

If you want a quick reply from some guys that have contributed badges from their collections to the Previtera & Baldes books, I would suggest posting these on the WAF forum, if you're a member there.

Best Wishes,

Alan

MAP
    ?

I just have not had time. Today is Super Bowl Sunday AND I was at a local show this morning AND am doing some errands.

I'll do what I can...when I can...

Just note, that what I say is just what I can see from Pandis's Vol 1. I'm no expert.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the help all! I'll likely post these to WAF as well and see what they say over there.

I'm doing some research online to see what I can dig up as well. Take your time checking the books, it's by no means an urgent request!

These are way out of my league.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

I really can't help with the first two. Sorry.

The last one I don't like at all. First, it should be sterling (even if unmarked), second I do not like the reverse, especially the "crown well". It is the wrong shape and not deep enough. That is the best I can do...Not much help but something I hope