Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI IRON CROSS - Authentic? Maker?

Article about: After spending hours on this forum looking over what the experts say, I have what appears to be an authentic German WWI Iron Cross (not sure how to tell class). The ribbon is gone. The ring

Default WWI IRON CROSS - Authentic? Maker?

After spending hours on this forum looking over what the experts say, I have what appears to be an authentic German WWI Iron Cross (not sure how to tell class). The ribbon is gone. The ring has what appears to be some sort of makers mark, but it is not #'s. Appears to be 2 or 3 shapes.

Can you that are much smarter than me give me more information on this based on the photos? Details on what it is and any value would be great.

Thank you in advance.

David

WWI IRON CROSS - Authentic?  Maker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI IRON CROSS - Authentic?  Maker?
    P
    Many

You have an authentic ww1 Iron Cross 2nd class. The mark on the ring
    is " 800 " which is the silver content of the cross. The forum has a policy
    against discussing values. Looking on ebay will give you a good idea of what
    it is worth.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

David,

Let me start by welcoming you to our Forum! Your cross is an original and the stamp on the suspension ring though a little marred is, 800. Which in case you didn't know denotes an 80% silver content to your frame. There are also many different variants to the core. i.e.: crown styles and numeric differences to the dates which I don't want to overwhelm you with for your be collecting these at a rapid rate and will soon be one of the ranks of our Iron Cross Addiction group which meets every Wednesday.

Joel

?

Hello David and welcome to the forum. As the previous 2 threads have already said you have a really nice genuine 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse, or EK2 for short, with a good silver content. I am with Joel on this, I think you will be collecting quite a few of these, one is never enough once you become addicted. There is no way you can resist the lure of the Imperial EK.

Thank you everyone for the great information. I look forward to learning more.

DB