Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed

Article about: I have had this medal group for a while. It was originally attributed to Zahlmeister Otto Körner. From research I have been able to establish the following: Born - 10 May 1868 in Tuttendorf

Default Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed

I have had this medal group for a while. It has been attributed to Zahlmeister Otto Körner, but for the reasons outlined below it may be a figment of someone's imagination.

From research I have been able to establish the following:
    Born - 10 May 1868 in Tuttendorf, Saxony.
    1895 - Zahlmeister "Hussars Regiment 'von Zieten' (Brandenburg) No. 3”. Rangliste der Koniglich Preußischen Armee 1895
    1892 - 1901 - Zahlmeister Schutztruppe in German East Africa, 1892 - 1901 - Schutztruppe Farewell Gift 1901
    1901 - Zahlmeister Schutztruppe in German East Africa. Rangliste der Koniglich Preußischen Armee 1901
    1916 - Married Elise Wilhelmine Seipel 7 Nov 1916
    1938 - Occupation: Oberzahlmeister außer Dienst (retired) - Gelnhausen Amtsbezirk (Resident’s Address Register)
    1950 - Death: 16 Dec 1950 in Gelnhausen, Hesse

But I have not been able to make any link to the Sachsen Armee during WW1( in any of the Rangliste post WW1). In fact he seems to disappear from the Rangliste for Germany/Prussia after 1901and doesn't appear in the Saxon Rangliste pre WW1 at all. Because of this and the fact that the bar has no proper cloth backing and the medals are in the incorrect order (I think), the general consensus is that this is a put-together-bar.

If this is a put-together-bar there seems little point in keeping it together. But, as a collector, all instincts go against breaking it up. So one last appeal.

Does anyone have access to a list of:
    Saxon Albert Order awardees
    Saxon Order of Merit awardees
    if such lists even exist!

I've contacted the German archives in Berlin, State archives etc but to no avail.
    What else can I do?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed   Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed
    P
    Many

I have just learned this on another site:
    He received the Albert Knight 2nd class with swords as Kriegszahlmeister Feldkriegskasse Etappenkommando 20 on 17.11.1916. This is brilliant news as it take me one step closer to proving that this group is correct.

Where was Etappenkommando 20 based?

I've been watching your post on that other site with some interest
    however I can be of no help. This is way out of my field of expertise.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I now need to find out the troops in Etappenkommando 20 at that time. This may also explain the presence of the Austro-Hungarian gold Merit Cross with Crown if there were KuK troops under command.

Can you post a close-up of the battle clasps on the Kolonial-Denkmuenze?

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    Can you post a close-up of the battle clasps on the Kolonial-Denkmuenze?
    Here you are -
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed  

Thanks, are they joined together, or separate?

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    Thanks, are they joined together, or separate?
    Separate

This is from a presentation gift for service in German East Africa for service with Schutztruppe. Unfortunately I was out bid.

BUT this confuses the entry in the 1895 Rangliste der Koniglich Preußischen Armee - Zahlmeister "Hussars Regiment 'von Zieten' (Brandenburg) No. 3”. This I can't explain. Körner or Koerner is not a common name so unlikely that there were two Zahlmeister Körner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed   Zahlmeister Puzzel - Help/Advice needed  

That's an interesting presentation piece. Regarding the medal bar, it looks legit to me.