Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German Grabenpanzer / Sappenpanzer

Article about: It all started with a loose plate of an Grabenpanzer I found in an antique store. The consequence is that you have to have the other plates to make it complete. So after a few months I picke

I've seen amazing tunics. But they empty my pockets for a whole year. Grenade bags I've seen only as repro. What is also nice is a ammo bandolier. The blue ones that were used to get extra ammo from the rear to the front. Every soldier had one when going up the line. Afterwards the were thrown away. Love to get one of these one day. A more solid version of these were used by Fallschirmjager in WW2.

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Grabenpanzer / Sappenpanzer
    P
    Many

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    I've seen amazing tunics. But they empty my pockets for a whole year. Grenade bags I've seen only as repro. What is also nice is a ammo bandolier. The blue ones that were used to get extra ammo from the rear to the front. Every soldier had one when going up the line. Afterwards the were thrown away. Love to get one of these one day. A more solid version of these were used by Fallschirmjager in WW2.
    Cheers Paul
    Yes, the uniforms are very expensive and more than a helmet. Some of the well used replicas look OK and might be a good filler until a nice original can be sought. I guess something to save towards.I have one ammo bandolier dated 1915 I think. It’s in the lighter brown, so I’m looking for a match but not a huge priority at this stage as there are a few still around. As for the grenade bags, even our major war museum used replicas. I think a lot of the gear was simply repurposed after the war.

Andy

That’s fantastic that you know the provenance of the stirnpanzer that makes it even more interesting of a piece. I was thinking more on the lines of preservation. How about a gasmask for Fritz?

Best regards Patrik

I have a nice 1917 gas mask for Hans complete with a canister and straps. I keep the mask in the canister for preservation. But I like your suggestion so I gave Fritz an early 1916 canister (I have no gummi maske I'm afraid). Also today a different helmet. The pressure from the Stirnpanzer was not good for the old helmet liner so it's back on display.

(It's like playing with Barbies )

Cheers Paul

?

yes and they rely put a lot oh pressure on the neck, when worn for prolong period of time!!! they are heavy!!!

Quote by Irish1965 View Post
    Well Andy, my friend Fritz is happy but half naked because he's half a man and does not fit the uniform. The uniform (greycoat) went to his big brother Hans, only Hans is headless.

Say hi to Hans. I think you met him before.

Attachment 1530453

Attachment 1530461

Attachment 1530457

Cheers Paul

P.S. I changed the LW strap for a WW1 strap. (old photo) and please share the progress of your Stormtrupper. A long road but rewarding.
    Hans no hands! Great collection of pieces.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Yes, the uniforms are very expensive and more than a helmet. Some of the well used replicas look OK and might be a good filler until a nice original can be sought. I guess something to save towards.I have one ammo bandolier dated 1915 I think. It’s in the lighter brown, so I’m looking for a match but not a huge priority at this stage as there are a few still around. As for the grenade bags, even our major war museum used replicas. I think a lot of the gear was simply repurposed after the war.

Andy
    You are absolutely right. I personaly stopped buying repro stuff and sold it all. Collecting uniforms is, I think, pretty expensive and it's hard to keep them in good condition when you lack the right conditions at home. Of course I can not help myself sometimes and have to have that one item anyway.

In any case, as an illustration of re-issued items, I have a nice example of a British or Canadian ammo bandolier. It is just post WW1 1921 and restamped until 5-5-1944. It could have been used on D-Day. I doubt that it, according to it's condition, was issued at all. It had an interesting time travel.

Cheers Paul

Simply stunning display Paul , one day I hope to get my collection filled with such nice things like yours.

Best regards Patrik

You will Patrik, there's enough around.

Cheers Paul

A very nice bandolier Paul! Do you know what the AAF marking stands for? A very nice piece.

I do love that great coat Paul too! I was looking at one not so long ago and considering purchasing it as they are a little bit cheaper than other uniform items but then I went and purchased that latest M16 camo helmet.

Good point about the ‘conditions at home’, especially when we pay so much for such items. Are you referring to temp and humidity? Do you get a lot of humidity in Amsterdam? I keep my collection in the coolest room in the house as we get very warm temperatures in summer and we do get humidity so I have to be careful.

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast