Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally marked

Article about: A recent pickup, this rifleman’s belt and equipment setup has a very nice field grey belt buckle and is adorned with 1915/16 dated cartridge pouches and is suspended by improvised bread ba

Default Imperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally marked

A recent pickup, this rifleman’s belt and equipment setup has a very nice field grey belt buckle and is adorned with 1915/16 dated cartridge pouches and is suspended by improvised bread bag straps as was often done in the field. The cartridge pouches have had their original brown leather blackened in service and one is stamped with a designation to Infantry Regiment 10 and are marked with the manufacturers name of HANSROMER, NEU-ULM - 1915. Inside of one of the pouches is a soldier’s laundry label attributed to soldier R.Kunze.

Andy
    Imperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally markedImperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally marked

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German rifleman’s belt and equipment setup named and regimentally marked
    P
    Many

?

Very nice set indeed, Andy!
    Lovely, crisp maker’s marking to the pouches - looks like 3. Kompanie.

I’m not sure that the name label is technically for laundry purposes , but a cracking little bonus anyway!
    Fabulous stuff. Well done,sir!
    Rob

Very nice set-up in excellent condition, the name is a plus.

G2

MAP
    ?

Really nice Andy. Solid condition. Love those bread bag straps!

This will look great with all the other items your putting together.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Rob.
    Yes, it’s an odd term and something I’ve seen used as a description previously but something that may have come into collectors parlance via collectors themselves, a bit like the WW1 M17 helmet term. I’ve mostly seen these labels in Pickelhaubes so perhaps it really is just a collectors term.