Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat Boots

Article about: Here are a pair of now quite scarce Imperial German enlisted mans boots that I recently received. Enlisted mens boots were originally issued in a brown leather but after 1915 it was decreed

Default Imperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat Boots

Here are a pair of now quite scarce Imperial German enlisted mans boots that I recently received. Enlisted mens boots were originally issued in a brown leather but after 1915 it was decreed that the leather should be blackened. This pair appear to have been brown originally and perhaps period blackened as in some areas the leather is quite dark/black. The pulls on either side look to be post war replacements as they are not representative of the style used in WW1 and there are remnants of the originals inside, although they do have an ersatz appearance. Perhaps these were used in the Reichswehr period as was a common practice post WW1.

The souls still have most of their original hobnails in place which is quite a rare thing to see these days as most were replaced for post war civilian use. Despite the leather appearing to have originally been brown, the heals are constructed of multiple layers of wood leading me to suspect they may have been late war produced. The heels are further strengthened with steel horseshoe type reinforcement bands. The leather is still quite supple and overall they are still in great condition and considering their age and past usage.

Andy
    Imperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat BootsImperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat Boots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German WW1 Enlisted Mans Combat Boots
    P
    Many

?

Wow. I love those heels!
    Splendid example of the M1866 boots, with great character. They’re going to look superb poking out the bottom of your Mantel 15..
    Excellent catch, Andy!
    All the best,
    Rob
    Last edited by Kohima; 07-24-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Thank you Rob! Yes, I’m looking forward to putting the mannequin together, but the ultimate goal is a stormtrooper! I think the ankle height boots would be near impossible, but chasing is all part of the fun.
    The wild highlands of Scotland sound fantastic by the way! I have a lot of family from Scotland, so mention of it, particularly the highlands really resonates.
    Andy

Could do with a good coat of dubbin!!! ....

....just kidding
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The Highlands? Yes, it certainly could!
    Especially after today’s downpour.

In truth, Andy, it’s not as wild as I would like yet - still looking for a place nearer the Cairngorms, with woodland, hills, wildlife.. I’m more coastal at present (good for dolphins, seals and maybe whales, if I’m lucky).
    Looking at the sea is nice, but snow doesn’t lay well on it.
    I want to see the seasons.

Ankle boots will be tricky. Maybe a well-worn WWII pair will have to fill the gap. As you say, it’s the thrill of the chase!

Great grandfather was from Bute and I have Cameron’s and Leslie’s on both side of the family. I watch a lot of hiking videos from the Cairngorns etc on YouTube.

Yes, I don’t think I’ve seen WW1 ankle boots for sale before and feel lucky to have even found a pair of boots with the hobnails still in place. I know where there are a pair of puttees but they are fabulously expensive. A tunic will be a huge expense as well, but as I say, that will be a much longer term project.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Do they fit? Come on...I'm sure you tried

Great boots and agreat pickup and yesx cant wait to see them on the mannequin
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Do they fit? Come on...I'm sure you tried
    Don't we try everything for fit?
    Damn they were little, mostly ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I was actually surprised how small they were to be honest. But people were smaller 100 years ago weren’t they? Lol…..

I just need to make sure that when I do choose a mannequin, the feet aren’t too large!

?

I had a beat-up ol’ mannequin once.. its feet were so big, I had to cut the toes off!
    It made it easier to get boots on and off, too.
    It was really tall as well.. if only I’d had a Chewbacca costume.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast