Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mg08 ammunitions box?

Article about: Hello, I received this ammunition box that seems to be from an mg08. Is there any way of telling if it’s from ww1 or Reichswehr? The paint seems original to me even though I haven’t foun

?

Default Mg08 ammunitions box?

Hello,

I received this ammunition box that seems to be from an mg08. Is there any way of telling if it’s from ww1 or Reichswehr? The paint seems original to me even though I haven’t found another one that had the inside of the lid painted. The only marking I was able to find is „v d B“.

Anon

Mg08 ammunitions box?
    Mg08 ammunitions box?
    Mg08 ammunitions box?
    Mg08 ammunitions box?
    Mg08 ammunitions box?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mg08 ammunitions box?
    P
    Many

Based on other examples I’ve seen, it appears to be a WW1 Maxim Gun ammunition box made of heavy oak which you can see where the green paint is missing. Not sure about the paint though as I have not seen the colour before on a WW1 period item, but I’m sure someone will be along with information on that and the lettering.

Andy

?

Thank you for your reply Andy. From the limited amount of other ones I was able to find on google I could only find ones with some sort of green paint but none with the inside of the lid painted. The general quality of this box surprised me with the closing mechanism made out of brass. It seems like the wood boxes are rather uncommon compared to metal ones?

Anon

Mg08 ammunitions box?