Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Marschstiefel M1866 ???

Article about: Hello I recently bought these boots at an online flea market for \\$20. I think it's M1866, but I'm not sure. It may be a replica. Is there anyone who knows the details?

?

Default WW1 Marschstiefel M1866 ???

Hello
    I recently bought these boots at an online flea market for $20. I think it's M1866, but I'm not sure. It may be a replica. Is there anyone who knows the details?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Marschstiefel M1866 ???   WW1 Marschstiefel M1866 ???  

WW1 Marschstiefel M1866 ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Marschstiefel M1866 ???
    P
    Many

I'm not well experienced in WW1 Boots but those soles dont look right at all with the soles having nailed rubber and the condition seems modern and not well broken in. Perhaps if it is an original of some sort it was resoled? Im leaning more towards a reproduction of some sort but I am more than happy to be corrected. For 20$ you cant really go wrong though!

?

Thank you for your comment.
    I was also suspicious of the soles.
    When I looked it up on the internet, I found many different types, some with rubber plates, and some without studs.
    and i was confused

It was very cheap so I have no regrets. I just wanted to know what this thing was like.
    It seems like the person selling this just wanted to get rid of some dirty old boots.