MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Shovel harness marking request

Article about: Seeking help on the markings shown on this harness. Maker is in Stuttgart but I can't make out the rest of the markings. Other side has a depot (?) marking. Thanks in advance. G2

Default WW1 Shovel harness marking request

Seeking help on the markings shown on this harness. Maker is in Stuttgart but I can't make out the rest of the markings. Other side has a depot (?) marking. Thanks in advance.

G2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Shovel harness marking request   WW1 Shovel harness marking request  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Shovel harness marking request
    P
    Many

Found info on the LZ markings:

Leather issued and controlled by L.Z.St.Stgt. per holster's marking.
    L.Z.St.Stgt. = Leder-Zuweisungs-Stelle, Stuttgart = Leather Allocation District office, Stuttgart.
    The L.Z.St.Stgt. was positioned to support the Imperial Army's XII(KW) district's General Command location in Stuttgart. KW = Koeniglich Wuerttemberisch = Royal Wurttembergian

Still looking for the makers info.

G2

MAP
    ?

That other stamping is going to be hard to decipher Greg. Hopefully someone here might have seen it before.

Maybe Herman Weissenburger & Cie, Stuttgart-Cannstatt? They were an imperial retailer/supplier. I also think they made M16 helmets as well as Haubes (I think)

Nice however to find a harness. They are not easy to come by!

Nice seeing you on this forum too!

(Moved thread to the correct sub-forum)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the reply and info, good to see you at both places.

G2

?

The only circular cartouche for a Stuttgart maker that I know of is WEIDENBACHER & CLOSS, STUTTGART.

Difficult to match it, conclusively, to such a dark image. Try playing with the light source a little, hitting it from different angles (quite low or obliquely can be effective)..