Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1935 Dated Tornister

Article about: Finally managed to get my hands on a solid example of an early tornister, this one is not without its problems. Starting with the bad it’s got some minor holes and a field repair to this i

Default 1935 Dated Tornister

Finally managed to get my hands on a solid example of an early tornister, this one is not without its problems. Starting with the bad it’s got some minor holes and a field repair to this inside, the worst is a broken strap I think it’ll still work on a mannequin but if not it’s still a great example for the collection.

Now for the better side, It’s still got excellent coverage of the fur/hair on front and the fabric color remains vibrant. It’s clearly dated 1935 and even has its original straps both depo marked K35. To top it off it’s also unit marked.

Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

1935 Dated Tornister1935 Dated Tornister1935 Dated Tornister1935 Dated Tornister1935 Dated Tornister1935 Dated Tornister1935 Dated Tornister1935 Dated Tornister

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1935 Dated Tornister
    P
    Many

5 Kompanie Infanterie Regiment 1, part of the 100,000 Reichwehr Armie. Looks fine to me, great find.

Hello,
    That's a very decent Tornister, especially for a 1935 dated example. It still has clips instead of hooks on the front straps...quite nice early feature...also good to see that the mess kit pocket is still there, but as very often the hook meant to retain the Tornister at the belt is missing, you can find it as a spare part i guess. One other thing, the carrying straps are placed inside out, markings should be inside and black dyed part of the front straps should be outside. Is the leather edging of the flap resewn at some point ?
    The unit marking is a plus..Are the straps unit marked as well ?
    Thanks for sharing
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank for the great replies gents much appreciated as always.

JP, I must admit I only recently noticed the straps are inside out I’ll have to flip them when it gets in. I think that flap has been resewn if we are talking about the same part I’ll include a picture. And also the carry straps are unfortunately not unit marked just maker marked and depo stamped.

1935 Dated Tornister

This is the part i'm talklng about, IMO it's resewn...

1935 Dated Tornister

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Ahh okay I see, I thought it was just damaged but looking close it may be resewn, I can see some thread that looks to be next to the old threads holes.

1935 Dated Tornister

?

All part of its history.. and for 1935, it’s looking pretty damned decent!
    Well done, Bodhi, excellent find!

All the best,
    Rob