Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1942 German Field dressing

Article about: I actually got this a while back but only now do i feel like posting it up! A plain and simple Field dressing. These make really good display pieces, and you can probably get them for less t

?

Default 1942 German Field dressing

I actually got this a while back but only now do i feel like posting it up!

A plain and simple Field dressing. These make really good display pieces, and you can probably get them for less than 15 pounds like i did. Not sure why people come into this hobby instantly wanting the top end stuff. Simple stuff like this can be on par sometimes as a display piece!

This specific example was made in 1942 by Paul Hartmann A.-G. / Heidenheim (Brenz) / Paris. So a under occupation example then. The company is still on the go today interestingly Welcome to HARTMANN

I have included pictures that show its size compared to the USA CARLISLE model and a modern British army example. Just as a scale for some people!

Enjoy

1942 German Field dressing1942 German Field dressing1942 German Field dressing1942 German Field dressing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1942 German Field dressing
    P
    Many

A nice one! Easy to find, and still incredibly cheap for what they are. Prices are pretty much on par with British field dressings, if not even cheaper than that.

I've seem similar dressings for sale, including one marked 'BrĂ¼nn', indicating that it was manufactured in the Czech city of Brno. It seems a lot of these field dressings were manufactured in annexed and occupied countries, along with plenty of other equipment to supplement German stockpiles.

Regards, B.B.

?

If i was czech or french making the Germans field dressing in ww2 i would be right p*ssed off . Then again a job is a job....

To a lot of the manufacturers, business was business. Given the financial strain the war must have put on the economies of these countries, money coming from anywhere was a godsend. Individual workers may have felt a degree of animosity, but again, they were most likely thankful that they were able to keep their jobs given their present circumstances.

B.B.