Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army belt unit markings

Article about: Hello all. Was looking for a little help deciphering these abbreviations on these two belts I just acquired. I'm not having much luck on the web. Is there any reference books that exist that

Default Army belt unit markings

Hello all. Was looking for a little help deciphering these abbreviations on these two belts I just acquired. I'm not having much luck on the web. Is there any reference books that exist that break these down? Thanks as always. Mike.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army belt unit markings   Army belt unit markings  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army belt unit markings
    P
    Many

I read 2./N.14 II Is that correct? Neil

Yep that's correct

TWS
    ?

1. Stab (staff) 1st Battalion, Panzer Regiment 4

2. 2nd Company, Nachrichten-Abteilung (signals detachment/battalion) 14. Condition 2.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hey thank you very much Todd! I was getting a little discouraged try to figure those out on my own. To be honest I wasn't even close lol. Is there a good resource for those types of things?

TWS
    ?

Quote by Mike665 View Post
    Hey thank you very much Todd! I was getting a little discouraged try to figure those out on my own. To be honest I wasn't even close lol. Is there a good resource for those types of things?
    You are very welcome Mike. Off the top of my head, I cannot name a specific resource, but they do exist. I believe a number of books in my personal library have explanations of German unit abbreviations in appendices, etc. but I cannot remember specific ones. I have learned it myself after years and years of reading constantly to include some works in German.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

If I may, here's the unit marking in a map case I bought because Nachrichten-Abteilung 29 was part of the 29th Motorized Infantry Division that fought at Stalingrad. I tend to purchase items related to the 6th Army and Stalingrad as it is my most-studied campaign.

Army belt unit markings
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Found a photo of one of my belts. Marked to the 6. Kompanie of Schützen-Regiment 1 (1st Panzer Division).
    A friend had this belt and I bought it from him because I have a Waffenrock to a member of the exact same unit. It's a field belt, so they wouldn't be worn together, but still really neat to have two items unit marked to the same company.

Army belt unit markingsArmy belt unit markings
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Here's one I have.
    N.A.d.R.L.M. which stands for Nachrichtenabteilung des Reichsluftfahrtministeriums (Signal Departmant of the Reich Ministry of Aviation) (was a cover name for the espionage department of Göring's ministry of aviation)
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army belt unit markings  

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I read 2./N.14 II
    Nachrichten Abteilung 14 were the signals detachment of the 14th Infanterie Division. The markings are similar to those found on German identity tags, Erkennungsmarken.