Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Backpack identification please

Article about: Hi, Need some help with this Tornister please. Can't seem to find anything like it anywhere.Purchased from a high end collector in Australia whom had around 70 of these of all types. If this

?

Default Backpack identification please

Hi,
    Need some help with this Tornister please.
    Can't seem to find anything like it anywhere.Purchased from a high end collector
    in Australia whom had around 70 of these of all types.
    If this is WW 1 the name on it could be interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Backpack identification please   Backpack identification please  

Backpack identification please   Backpack identification please  

Backpack identification please   Backpack identification please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Backpack identification please
    P
    Many

?

Anyone seen one like this before?

Quote by Mazlin View Post
    Anyone seen one like this before?

Hello,
    Not me i'm afraid. Sorry that i can't help you ID this Rucksack, which has some general features in common with a german Tornister, but it's not a regulation example from WWII at least. The system allowing to retain the carrying straps to the belt seems quite ancient.
    The four small leather straps visible on the edges of the body are unseen on german WWI & WWII haversacks (unless i forgot one type while remembering them). I'm not convinced by the carrying straps, they look put together, not talking only to reassemble two random straps to use them as a pair, i mean on each strap there are weird features that can be seen, like stitchings, the nature of metals used for rivets and buckles, the shape of buckles, the pieces of leather...etc...two options can be chosen here, the first option is : These are legit quite old carrying straps that may have been repaired to put them back to what they looked like when they were produced (or they were produced this way and are untouched while being quite badly made) OR the second option : They're german or foreign carrying straps modified to look like something they're not.

Better photos that would show both extremities of the front straps would be helpful, to see if there has been another system used to retain the straps when they were produced.
    The "ALL RIVETED" policy seen here on the Rucksack itself is also a bit confusing.
    The search for markings is important, there should be something somewhere, numerals, letters, symbols, name(s), date(s), inked on the cloth of the Rucksack, cold stamped in the leather, each centimeter must be looked at, the answer can be tricky to find.
    Good luck and perhaps one of our members who has still not seen the thread will chime in soon...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Maybe Swiss for the main body of the tornister?
    They seem to have used rivets instead of stitching when possible compared to German pieces from both World Wars.
    The straps are also mounted inside out?
    Thanks for an intriguing piece

Quote by Kateri View Post
    The straps are also mounted inside out?
    Hello,
    Yes indeed, i've seen it but forgot to write it in my previous comment
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)