Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Blanket

Article about: Hi Guys, This blanket came from a non-collector friend with another one from an old house's wardrobe. I rarely meet with this type so this is why I post it here. If anyone have information a

Default Blanket

Hi Guys,

This blanket came from a non-collector friend with another one from an old house's wardrobe. I rarely meet with this type so this is why I post it here. If anyone have information about it please share it with me - I am mostly interested in its production period, because I heard somewhere it is postwar and from others it is a war time blanket.
    My opinion is the second - it is an original war time blanket. To confirm it, I find it in Agustín Sáíz's 'Deutsche Soldaten' book as a reference and the text on it - 'Heereseigentum' (=Army property) - convinced me about it.

Blanket

Blanket

Blanket

Blanket
    It is hard to tell from the photo but as I see there is a stamp on the left corner.

Blanket

Blanket

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    DS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blanket
    P
    Many

Well, if there is one thing certain, don’t take the book “Agustín Sáíz's 'Deutsche Soldaten” serious..... a lot of errors and wrong items are shown there.... it’s a nice picture book, but also a lot of b@llsh@t items.....

Don’t believe everything you see in a book..... !

Now, as for the blankets, these are post war Austrian blankets as far as i know......

Tom

CSW
    ?

MP44 is correct, definitely post-war Austrian Bundesheer stuff. Similar ones are still used today.

I agree with the other members, fairly recent Austrian issue. I've got one stored away somewhere.

Thanks everyone for the comments! What do you think how much does it worth?

I believed that is a good book for reference but thanks for the warning. Could you recommend good reference books about German equipment?

Thanks,
    DS

MAP
    ?

Quote by DeutscheSoldaten View Post

I believed that is a good book for reference but thanks for the warning. Could you recommend good reference books about German equipment?

Thanks,
    DS
    We have a great book reference library.

While shorter, the first book on the list below is excellent and written by one of our moderators.

Field Equipment And Accessories of the Third Reich

Note: as mentioned above, many books are not perfect and have errors.

If you have questions on a particular book, please post them here

Post Your Comments on Reference Books Here
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by DeutscheSoldaten View Post

Thanks,
    DS
    As for value i remember paying £5 from an army surplus stall at a bike rally, that was about 5 years ago. Great as an extra layer of insulation on top of a sleep mat.