Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from Reichswald

Article about: So, here is my 1st post on this forum, with one of my last additions. It is a nice set I traded, looks like a camo-ed Mess kit that was found together with a canteen and a fork (and some car

Default Camo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from Reichswald

So, here is my 1st post on this forum, with one of my last additions. It is a nice set I traded, looks like a camo-ed Mess kit that was found together with a canteen and a fork (and some cartridge cases), I was told in the Reichswald, Germany. Not in the best of all conditions, but interesting nevertheless IMO. Hope you like my 1st contribution to this great lookin' forum :-)!

Camo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from ReichswaldCamo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from Reichswald

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo - ed Mess kit, canteen and fork from Reichswald
    P
    Many

Great photos, I think the paint has been weathered by the sun light/or fire (mess tin) rather than a camouflage job. I have one I used on a open fire once and the paint went the brown colour like yours.

Hi !!

welcome to the forum ! You’ll find lots of nice persons here who are willing to help and share knowledge !!

As for the mess tin , i agree with René, probably influences of warmth to the paint! Nevertheless a nice item !! Lots of history !

Cheers
    Tom

Thanks both! Learning already here :-)!! Regards HJ

Representative late war relics, steel feldflasche and kochgeschirr.