Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo German binoculars

Article about: Camo German binoculars dienstglass.. Camouflage typical of Normandy..

?

Default Camo German binoculars

Camo German binoculars dienstglass.. Camouflage typical of Normandy..
    Marked: Dienstglass 6x30 269396 ddx - Voigtländer & Söhne AG, Braunschweig
    Camo German binocularsCamo German binocularsCamo German binocularsCamo German binocularsCamo German binocularsCamo German binocularsCamo German binoculars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo German binoculars
    P
    Many

?

Is this camouflage or decoloration?
    Luc

?

Camouflage.. 3 shades of green..

Nice binoculars, I really like the heavily worn camo look.

Although your serial number isn’t listed on the database, it gives some information on the markings.

Dienstglas nrs. Database - Axis History Forum

Well, I've looked lots of bits of equipment that have been camo painted, and my impression is this binocular has been well polished. And quite possibly the paint has been buffed off to give a worn weathered look. Seems also a little pointless to use a 3 colour camo paint job on a binocular. Some of that paint seems to fill patches of early flaked off grip finish, and paint is "worn off" in areas it really shouldn't wear from, such as the cover plate where "Dientglas" is marked. How convenient.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Well, I've looked lots of bits of equipment that have been camo painted, and my impression is this binocular has been well polished. And quite possibly the paint has been buffed off to give a worn weathered look. Seems also a little pointless to use a 3 colour camo paint job on a binocular. Some of that paint seems to fill patches of early flaked off grip finish, and paint is "worn off" in areas it really shouldn't wear from, such as the cover plate where "Dientglas" is marked. How convenient.
    And not worn off where it should be.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I don't see the point in camouflaging something with light reflecting lenses that could dazzle ....... and if they WERE well camouflaged, you'd never find them when you needed to ....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

So the post-war adjustment? My father got it in 2000 from an older man who, after the war, walked along the roads as a little boy and took binoculars, rifle optics and similar thing..

Quote by Papi View Post
    So the post-war adjustment? My father got it in 2000 from an older man who, after the war, walked along the roads as a little boy and took binoculars, rifle optics and similar thing..
    Not saying the older man isn't truthful in what he told your father 20 years ago - but maybe forgetful as it is equally possible that ( for hunting or post war use ) he or someone added colours .... it was a long time ago. No-one is saying the Dienstglas is not pre 1945, but just maybe not the camouflage.....

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

'Lux Military Antiques' recently sold a similar pair of camouflaged binoculars in so-called Normandy Cammo'. I've tried to download the images, but can't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast