Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflaged Mess Kit

Article about: Hello, This mess kit is for sale at a good price if it turns out to be what they say it is. It is described as Zimmerit Camo painted. I have read through the recent Zimmerit Helmet thread an

Default Camouflaged Mess Kit

Hello, This mess kit is for sale at a good price if it turns out to be what they say it is. It is described as Zimmerit Camo painted. I have read through the recent Zimmerit Helmet thread and it seem that this is a debated subject. From the images the paint does seem very thick in some places but thin on others. I would just like to know if this is actually camouflaged or just painted black. Thank you to every who replies in advance.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Camouflaged Mess KitCamouflaged Mess KitCamouflaged Mess KitCamouflaged Mess Kit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camouflaged Mess Kit
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I don't see any of the original paint under the heavy black "paint" It certainly is NOT zimmerit

Could just as easily be a post war repaint for camping use.

I'm a skeptic.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much! I will steer clear of this one. I was a little worried about the lack or original paint, I thought I saw some green round the maker and date stamp but definitely will still leave this one for someone else. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Bodhi

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Thank you very much! I will steer clear of this one. I was a little worried about the lack or original paint, I thought I saw some green round the maker and date stamp but definitely will still leave this one for someone else. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Bodhi
    It just one "opinion" by someone that owns a few but doesn't study them. It might be a war time repaint.

While certainly it has some honest wear to the paint, an item like this (unlike a camo helmet or gas mask can) could have easily been used post war. (I used a Post war made piece for camping for years)

I just find this example near impossible to prove one way or the other IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ya I know what you're saying, I am just going to pass because as you told me its hard to prove anything about these kinds of things. Also I am trying to focus on buying early war stuff for a uniform so I'll just save a bit more and find a nice early example with its original paint.

Thanks Again,
    Bodhi

The maker stZ isn't one that I know of. I would leave it alone.

ZPStZ Is a known producer of mess kits and canteens, no problem there!

But when this was repainted: no way of knowing!

Imho not worth more then 10 - 20 €

Tom