Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Daimon Flashlight, Signal Light help please

Article about: I picked up a flashlight or signal light which I believe is a good example of a period correct light. There is not a waffenamt stamp on it but I do not think these had them originally. My th

Default Daimon Flashlight, Signal Light help please

I picked up a flashlight or signal light which I believe is a good example of a period correct light. There is not a waffenamt stamp on it but I do not think these had them originally. My thoughts on a date is somewhere between 1938 to 1942 but could not find any way to date them. I think the two buttons on the top allowed the user to send Morse code. I believe the two leather tabs on the back makes it a military item but could be incorrect on that as well. I also read the 'Blitz' symbol below the maker mark also indication military use. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated as I am here to learn. Thank you for looking.
    John

Daimon Flashlight, Signal Light help pleaseDaimon Flashlight, Signal Light help pleaseDaimon Flashlight, Signal Light help pleaseDaimon Flashlight, Signal Light help pleaseDaimon Flashlight, Signal Light help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daimon Flashlight, Signal Light help please
    P
    Many

?

don't leave the batterie in it. it will leak acid and ruin the flashlight / hand torch. eat up the brass internals.

It is indeed a military 'taschenlampe', with different coloured lenses for signalling. The leather tabs are present on both civilian and military models, though the civilian torches tend to only have one. They were never WaffenAmt marked as far as I know, as they were not a standard issue item. It's very hard to find the original batteries for these, though it looks like yours may be in the process of dissolving! A very nice find, better than most.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you for the comments and information. Much appreciated.
    John