Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

DIENSTGLAS!!! Nice Clean 1942 BEH E. Leitz 7x50 with Case, Strap, Waffen Proofed Bakelit Benuzer! And bonus!

Article about: For Dienstglas lovers... ;-) These are really pretty sweet, very clean glass, eyepieces pretty stiff but for a display item I can live with that. Woodwork find, never previously in a collect

Default DIENSTGLAS!!! Nice Clean 1942 BEH E. Leitz 7x50 with Case, Strap, Waffen Proofed Bakelit Benuzer! And bonus!

For Dienstglas lovers... ;-)

These are really pretty sweet, very clean glass, eyepieces pretty stiff but for a display item I can live with that. Woodwork find, never previously in a collection, as found, absolutely untampered with beyond a tiny bit of cleaning. Case is stamped 1942, WaA is hard to make out but a very nice and unexpected WaA202 inside the benuzer (click on the pic, upper right corner). Rather huge pair of glasses for 7x50!

Also including a shot of a 1937 dated E. Leitz Wetzlar button flap, fairly rare item from another from another woodwork find, german glasses in bad shape in US case, no particular interest but managed to get the button flap, pictured on my early (1939?) WaA202 Zeiss 6x30 H/6400 Dienstglas.

Enjoy!

DIENSTGLAS!!! Nice Clean 1942 BEH E. Leitz 7x50  with Case, Strap, Waffen Proofed Bakelit Benuzer! And bonus!

DIENSTGLAS!!! Nice Clean 1942 BEH E. Leitz 7x50  with Case, Strap, Waffen Proofed Bakelit Benuzer! And bonus!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DIENSTGLAS!!! Nice Clean 1942 BEH E. Leitz 7x50  with Case, Strap, Waffen Proofed Bakelit Benuzer! And bonus!
    P
    Many

nice example.

?

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Excellent pair of Leitz's! Always my favorite optic maker. The 7x50's are uncommon and a much sought after type. So many that you see were for KM use, it is nice to see a straight Heer set! Even has the usually long lost rain cover! Are the optics clear? A great pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thx Wagriff ;-) Optics are very clear, lenses are in very good shape, very nice artillery grid on the right side. They only detractor on these is that they spent that last 70 years untouched in the case, so the eyepieces and center pivot were all pretty stiff, along with some minor zinc pest here and there. Some Ballistol did wonders for the center pivot, I got the eyecups to focus at a distance that seems about right for a pair glasses of this range so I'm happy. On this pair (and maybe on a lot of others) my best setting is the minus sign aligned with the dot on each eyepiece.

I'm pretty partial to E. Leitz items myself ;-)

Very nice - both sets look just fine. I'm a fan of
    German binoculars.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I find them pretty fascinating! Here's a couple pairs I use from day to day. A pair of Czech D-6 glasses that are really crisp and sharp, a lot like Diesntglas but with modern coatings. I have them in the shop and use them when I see eagles, herons, strange vehicles, etc. The Steiner I keep in my backpack that I take everywhere, was looking at a big herd of mule deer today while I was out. The D-6 have an unusual vertical as well as horizontal grid. The Steiner are 8x30 Military Marine, they are pretty good, they have a pretty fantastic image quality, really kind of 3D. Just now looking through trees in a forest at near dusk, you get this amazing sense of depth...

I love good binoculars. It's sad to see what most average people have for binoculars, wretchedly cheap stuff with dirty lenses... Looking at the lunar eclipse the other night through a couple pairs when I wasn't trying to figure out how to get decent shots of it, using some older Pentax 8x42 and Minolta 10x50, pretty amazing eclipse! Older Japan binoculars are pretty fantastic. Sold a pair of Leicas and and pair a Zeiss because they were worth so much money, and they weren't much better if any than the Pentax and the Minoltas.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Very nice - both sets look just fine. I'm a fan of
    German binoculars...
    Yep, me too! Here are some of mine. Several of these are Kriegsmarine eagle M marked. I also have trophy papers for several of these.
    Sarge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DIENSTGLAS!!! Nice Clean 1942 BEH E. Leitz 7x50  with Case, Strap, Waffen Proofed Bakelit Benuzer! And bonus!