Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Do Africa Korp/Tan painted gas masks cost more than standard GM30/38 types.

Article about: Quick question please guys/girls does a Gas Mask with painted metal ware fetch a higher premium on todays market?or is that irrelevant and its the condition which sells itself.thanks just so

Default Do Africa Korp/Tan painted gas masks cost more than standard GM30/38 types.

Quick question please guys/girls does a Gas Mask with painted metal ware fetch a higher premium on todays market?or is that irrelevant and its the condition which sells itself.thanks just something that i would ask,also are all Tan/ordnance painted parts automatically presumed to be Africa korps? or is that just a myth?.thank you for any information on these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do Africa Korp/Tan painted gas masks cost more than standard GM30/38 types.   Do Africa Korp/Tan painted gas masks cost more than standard GM30/38 types.  

Do Africa Korp/Tan painted gas masks cost more than standard GM30/38 types.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do Africa Korp/Tan painted gas masks cost more than standard GM30/38 types.
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Tan painted parts on the Gasmask do not indicate DAK use.
    Gasmasken used by german troops in Afrika were not tan painted, only canisters may have received some tan paint.
    The Gasmask you're showing is wartime german but postwar used by dutch civilian/passive defense.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Well that's interesting and thank you for replying Jphilip and to think these yellow painted sets are continously being sold on the market including big named dealers as Dak/Africa korps/ordance tan etc.never knew about the Dutch post-war civilian use,so something i've now learned thanks again for your knowledge.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    and to think these yellow painted sets are continously being sold on the market including big named dealers as Dak/Africa korps/ordance tan etc.never knew about the Dutch post-war civilian use,so something i've now learned thanks again for your knowledge.

Hello,
    yes they're sold as german tropical, i also believed they were a long time ago when i saw the first one in my collecting life at a militaria fair.
    I had not enough cash to buy it and finally that was a good thing as i later learned what they actually were.
    They all have this number 8 painted on them.
    The only other colour than Feldgrau paint you'll ever find on a military Gasmask is blue, for the frame of the lenses and the snout, when they sometimes (from 1943) included ferrous metal in the mask that could interfere with the compass and magnetic stuff.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)