Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Drei Spaten

Article about: So far I have acquired three different short spades or spaten, only one of which is definitely TR and I would like to know more about the other two. In these phots the TR is at bottom and is

Default Drei Spaten

Drei Spaten

So far I have acquired three different short spades or spaten, only one of which is definitely TR and I would like to know more about the other two. In these photos the TR is at bottom and is the only one which has any markings other than soldier carvings in the wooden handles.

Drei Spaten
    Drei Spaten

Markings are what appears to be the wartime three-letter code "Obp" over a very faint (1)944.

Drei SpatenDrei Spaten

The middle spade is one I ordered from an online dealer in Bulgaria and I wondered if it is Bulgarian, or possibly of Austrian or German manufacture. It conforms to another I've found online identified as a Weimar-era style or model. It is marked twice on the short handle with soldier carvings, one of which is the name WNCK which I understand is a common Bulgarian surname.

Drei Spaten
    Drei Spaten

My latest is the top one with the splashes of yellow (or could it actually be dunkelgelb?) paint. My real question is whether or not this is German, or is identifiably something else? And since it doesn't appear to be of WWII vintage, can its era be identified? It has an attached six-digit identification disc bearing the numbers 377619 nailed to the end of the handle as seen below:

Drei Spaten

Any help or information about these would be most appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Drei Spaten
    P
    Many