Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Early Map Case With Contents

Article about: I couldn’t help but pick this up and I’m happy it finally arrived as it was my final purchase of 2020. The map case is in great condition and all the leather is still soft. It’s nicely

Default Early Map Case With Contents

I couldn’t help but pick this up and I’m happy it finally arrived as it was my final purchase of 2020. The map case is in great condition and all the leather is still soft. It’s nicely marked and dated along with its contents. Now I know because I didn’t buy it straight from a Vet or with provenance the contents may not be 100% original to the bag but you never know. It has two maps and five pencils, one map is of Eastern Europe and Russia that’s dated January 1942. The second map I honestly think is original to the case as it’s dated 1936-37 and has lots of wear and tear from storage in the case and is covered with writing and marked locations. Very happy with this lot!

Bodhi

Early Map Case With ContentsEarly Map Case With ContentsEarly Map Case With ContentsEarly Map Case With ContentsEarly Map Case With Contents
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Map Case With Contents   Early Map Case With Contents  

Early Map Case With Contents   Early Map Case With Contents  

Early Map Case With Contents  
    Last edited by BodhiEtheridge; 01-26-2021 at 05:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Map Case With Contents
    P
    Many

Really nice, thanks for showing us.

Here is some information on the unit stamped on the back of the map.

Artillerie Ersatz Abteilung 31

Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilungen - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

CBH
    ?

Nice find, you can always look for the missing components as your 75% complete already.
    I might treat the leather with dubbin to darken it slightly and make the staining less obvious.
    But that just my opinion, it could adversely effect the value, I’m not sure.

Thank you Willmore for the link, if that map is really original to the case then that’s a nice touch to know it’s artillerie.

I don’t think I’m going to do anything to this the leather is nice and the stains are to be expected on field gear.

Great map case and contents. Thank you for sharing.
    John

Nice sharp & unused pencils are probably not the originals but at least they ARE german!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here's some more items you need for your case
    waterproof pencils, protractor, dividers, map sleeve ...... there's always candy to find!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Map Case With Contents  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the compliments! Maybe I’ll think about filling it up, I wasn’t going to but then again I doubt the contents are original to it so why not.