Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

EEF 44 Labeflasche

Article about: Here is my latest find, really a killer piece and one of my new favorites in the collection. It’s an all matching EEF 44 labeflasche in unissued condition. This one has a ton going for it

Default EEF 44 Labeflasche

Here is my latest find, really a killer piece and one of my new favorites in the collection. It’s an all matching EEF 44 labeflasche in unissued condition. This one has a ton going for it which I will save for the M31 sticky thread (ill post it there shortly).

Finding a labeflasche with this type of cup that is matching is not easy, very often when these cups are on a labeflasche they are not matching. Not to mention such a late war use of this type aluminum cup. (Typical of the EEF factory, they seemed to ignore to transition to steel.) The cover and cup are technically backwards however from inspection of the wear on the paint and strap, along with the way the straps and cover had shaped I’m very confident stating this canteen was put together like this from the factory.

If you care about a deeper dive into this one I’ll do so on the sticky thread.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

EEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 LabeflascheEEF 44 Labeflasche

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EEF 44 Labeflasche
    P
    Many

Another gem Bodhi!

I particularly like the rough ( quick? ) paint job on the cup where they missed part of the wire handle and went heavy on other areas causing the runs.
    Maybe this was the frenetic speed things were done at the EFF factory ( where was it? ) to try to resupply a failing army?

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I agree Dan I love the paint job on the cup, I said the exact same thing in that sticky thread about it. Its also my guess that it was just done as fast as possible causing it to be pretty sloppy.

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    I agree Dan I love the paint job on the cup, I said the exact same thing in that sticky thread about it. Its also my guess that it was just done as fast as possible causing it to be pretty sloppy.
    Ah, I haven't got to your sticky yet .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Maybe this was the frenetic speed things were done at the EFF factory ( where was it? )
    Hello.
    From what I can tell it was in Freiling, a town I know nothing about, located between Munich and Passau.