Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ESB 1932 Canteen

Article about: So I just stumbled across this canteen and I’m in the process of purchasing it, no payment has been made just yet but before I commit I’d like some other opinions. It to me looks all goo

Absolutely, not to mention the fact that depending on the maker all canteens do not share the same exact proportions nor shapes, meaning that you might well have trouble getting one in another's cover and even more trouble closing all of the buttons correctly.
    Since I am talking about the buttons, here is a view of aluminium snap buttons on a cover :

ESB 1932 Canteen

RZM M6/2/40 marked NSDAP canteen

They do not always look that good, on one of my canteens they rather remind me of the dark side of the moon...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ESB 1932 Canteen
    P
    Many

Thank you guys for the help, I’ve passed it up and handed it over to my friend (he’s crazier about prewar gear than me). I’ve found some kit for my 1936 setup so I was happy to chase that instead of this.

You are welcome.
    If some day you have regrets about not making that purchase just think about all the sleepless nights you avoided by letting this canteen go to someone else.

Just noting that the cup has 1/4 marked there, big give away!

A 75% discount would definitely be an offer worth reconsidering.

Hello,
    IMO the canteen is not worth purchasing. Yes the container itself is 1932 dated but as all the rest is standard/not military, later produced....the real question you must ask yourself is : Is a 1932 marking worth 125 euro...
    As a spare part, if i see a 1932 dated aluminium canteen in one of my fairs, i might buy it if it's cheap...just for the fun of the date and what the canteen represents : produced the second year of production out of fourteen, fully Reichswehr stuff...
    The item is the key....and here this item is not worth bothering (in my opinion of course)
    Keep your money and you'll probably find something more interesting...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Cheers guys, good to know I made the right choice. I will use this cash to continue building my 1936 display.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2