Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fg42 bandolier

Article about: Hi, I got given this item a while ago with some other items. I know it is a FG42 Bandolier, but uncertain of whether it is original? The material is idetical to a Luftwaffe rucksack I had, b

?

Default Fg42 bandolier

Hi, I got given this item a while ago with some other items. I know it is a FG42 Bandolier, but uncertain of whether it is original? The material is idetical to a Luftwaffe rucksack I had, but I find it odd that the popers have been removed. The previous owner passed away. I asked his son, but he didnt know anything about the item. It was in a box of various WW2 militaria. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fg42 bandolier   Fg42 bandolier  

Fg42 bandolier   Fg42 bandolier  

Fg42 bandolier  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fg42 bandolier
    P
    Many

?

Oh well, I'm guessing no one has any thoughts on it then. No dramas. Back in the box it goes, untill I can get to a militaria fair

well, these are faked a lot, but if original, worth a small fortune.....
    I would not burn my fingers on it

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

I think your lack of replies is simply down to how many people have ever handled a real one? I have not and I have collected since I was 15 and I am 52 next week. That tells me how rare they are......

The missing press studs is odd. Has it been done to disguise an error a potential faker has made?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I am with Adrian I have never seen a blue one I'm sure they existed as K98 rifle ammo ones were made in blue. The only real one I have seen is a splinter and water pattern George Petersen had years ago. timothy

?

Yeah the missing press studs is odd. The previous owner wasnt a collector, He had a few German items that he acquired during his service in WW2. Over the years I sold a couple of items for him. He passed away a bit ago and his family gave me a box full of all manner of stuff (even a wank mag haha) guess they really didnt look through it.....the box that is! Im sure it is original, but I guess I need to let someone who has an original or a good knowledge take a look at it. It is just a shame that the press studs are gone.