Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Field Repainted Messkit

Article about: One of my recent additions is this nice field repainted messkit, although the parts are mismatched the matching overpaint tells me they’ve been together since the war. Top is marked and da

Default Field Repainted Messkit

One of my recent additions is this nice field repainted messkit, although the parts are mismatched the matching overpaint tells me they’ve been together since the war. Top is marked and dated. FWNB 39 while the bottom is a nice early part marked W.A.L. 34. This retains the majority of its light green overpaint paint on all sides.

Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

Field Repainted MesskitField Repainted MesskitField Repainted MesskitField Repainted MesskitField Repainted Messkit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field Repainted Messkit
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It looks like your mess kit was quite stripped of its factory Feldgrau paint before being repainted in olive green....
    I own two field repainted mess kits, below is one of them, a matching CFL40.
    Thanks

Field Repainted Messkit

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

An excellent example you’ve got there. Yes mine appears to have nearly no paint underneath on the bottom half while the top half has some paint left underneath mostly in the handle and on front. Would definitely like to upgrade to an example like yours eventually.

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    An excellent example you’ve got there. Yes mine appears to have nearly no paint underneath on the bottom half while the top half has some paint left underneath mostly in the handle and on front. Would definitely like to upgrade to an example like yours eventually.
    Hello,
    Thanks for the compliment, yes this example is rather nice i must say, it has the right amount of wear for a used field item.
    I hope you can upgrade yours some day, but bear in mind that field repainted mess kits are rather rare.
    I don't know if this is the lighting in your photos, but the more i look at them, the more i think that the green paint looks like the russian green rather than german olive green paint...of course perhaps i'm wrong, you're the one who can handle the mess kit and have a closer look to that paint...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

The lighting makes the green appear much lighter than it is, in hand it’s slightly darker than my photos. Hopefully that is a good sign. And I’m happy to get some better pictures in natural light when I’m home.

So it must be the lighting...by the way, having a field repainted messkit with russian paint would not have been a minus for me...many russian soldiers may have used german mess kit i guess as both german and russian mess kits almost looked the same.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Thank you for the help as always! I must say a Russian repaint would definitely be a interesting piece to have but I definitely can’t complain about it being German paint as I have a little grouping of German over painted items going