Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko Trio

Article about: I love field equipment. The things that people laid hands on and really used on a daily basis during the War. Of all these things, flashlights (torches, if you like) are a favorite of mine.

Default Flashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko Trio

I love field equipment. The things that people laid hands on and really used on a daily basis during the War. Of all these things, flashlights (torches, if you like) are a favorite of mine. I love the boxy design, and the fact that you'll see pictures of these strapped onto the chest of a soldiers field blouse.

This Telko Trio by Daimon is my best one, I think (or at least, my favorite). Well used, but still in good working order. I've installed a reproduction battery so that you can see it work. The green and red filters are still clear, crisp and functional. This one displays the correct font on "Daimon" to indicate wartime manufacture and possible use - post War Daimon's had a large "D" in the company's name, is my understanding. Enjoy!

Flashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko TrioFlashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko Trio
    Flashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko TrioFlashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko Trio

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko Trio
    P
    Many

I have the same but with an additional insert with BLUE cellophane film added ( never knew what for? )

Flashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko TrioFlashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko TrioFlashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko TrioFlashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko Trio
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I have the same but with an additional insert with BLUE cellophane film added ( never knew what for? )
    Nice light, Danmark! No idea about the film, but it'd be cool if someone chimed in with an answer. I'm curious!

With a stamp bearing a name and address, it could just have been a post war addition. I can see these flooding onto the surplus market back then....

Hello,
    I also own an example of Daimon Telko Trio, originally black but that received a field repaint in green. It was taken from a captured german soldier in the Vosges in September or October 1944 and a friend of mine gave it to me as a gift.
    These Daimon are really nice
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Interesting that yours has a flat lens JP, not the convex type....

Interesting that yours has a flat lens JP, not the convex type....
    Yep, mine is the same as well - flat. I've seen both types of lenses; not sure if it was just a design change by the factory, or maybe just using what was available.

Hello.
    I don't have any definitive answer about that, but if I had to compare it to something it would be the blue coloured narrow slit on the shutter of the WIF Signal 1136 austrian flashlight :

Flashlight – WIF Signal – fjm44

It is the only flashlight I can think of at the time ( if I decide to ignore the Cold War austrian flashligts ) that combines green, red and blue filters, as you can have usually blue and red, or green and red, but not blue, green and red.
    It seems that the person who did this clever and inexpensive device really wanted to have more choices and wasn't opposed to the idea of also having a normal beam of light.

Quote by Edward Lionheart View Post

It is the only flashlight I can think of at the time ( if I decide to ignore the Cold War austrian flashligts ) that combines green, red and blue filters, as you can have usually blue and red, or green and red, but not blue, green and red.

Hello,
    The type of Daimon photographed below is also wartime and it has the three coloured filters, red on the left, blue in the middle and green on the right. I don't know if there are more models with those three filters, what i know is that we have members very knowlegeable in the matter of flashlights, so maybe this interrogation could be answered sometime.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Edward Lionheart View Post
    Hello.
    I don't have any definitive answer about that, but if I had to compare it to something it would be the blue coloured narrow slit on the shutter of the WIF Signal 1136 austrian flashlight
    The WIF Signal is my favorite light of the era, aesthetically. One of these days I'll find one that still in one piece!

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The type of Daimon photographed below is also wartime and it has the three coloured filters, red on the left, blue in the middle and green on the right. I don't know if there are more models with those three filters, what i know is that we have members very knowlegeable in the matter of flashlights, so maybe this interrogation could be answered sometime.
    Thanks Flashlight (Torch) Appreciation - Daimon Telko Trio
    Don't recall seeing a Daimon with the three filters like this one... looks like I've got another to add to the list!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast