Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Found another German Field Kitchen - (Feldküche Hf.14)

Article about: Hello again fellow collectors and field kitchen enthusiasts! Yesterday I picked up another German field kitchen for my collection. This beauty was found in a barn by a fellow collector here

Above: The main cooking/food kettle was indirectly heated - there is basically two large pots inside one another with space inbetween for a liquid called Kochbadflüssigkeit. This liquid, which I believe to be glycerin, would help distribute the heat evenly around the inner kettle - this way the contents of the kettle would cook evenly and not get burnt on the bottom while raw on the top. The double layered kettle sits inside the oval shaped heat shield - the small tube sticking out is a dipstick to check the glyserin level and also to refill it if necessary. Also note the latches on the inside of the dor - this is where the big ladle and the meat hook was kept. All in all everything is in nice condition.

Above: A closer view of the fire box for the main kettle - there is still firewood inside I guess. The fire grates are in place and the ash pan is also in ok shape. There are some rust on the panel above the door.

Above: A view from inside the firebox looking up at the bottom of the outer kettle - seems to be in great shape.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found another German Field Kitchen - (Feldküche Hf.14)
    P
    Many

Found another German Field Kitchen - (Feldküche Hf.14) Found another German Field Kitchen - (Feldküche Hf.14)

Above: Another important part of the main cooking/food kettle is the pressure release valve for the glycerine between the two pots (as mentioned in the previous post). The top of the lid is a little bit deformed, and it's missing a small eye hook on the top and a small chain. Other than that it looks to be in ok condition.

As mentioned earlier, this poor field kitchen was at some point after the war converted away from the original iconic wooden wheels to modern rubber wheels. Luckily they left most of the brake assembly and undercarriage alone.

Found another German Field Kitchen - (Feldküche Hf.14) Found another German Field Kitchen - (Feldküche Hf.14)

Above: A closer look at the disgusting axle and improvised fenders. I cut the wheels of as they were completely rotten and it was impossible to move the kitchen with the flat tiers.

Above: Confirmation that this kitchen was originally built with wooden wheels - there is room/notch for the original axle.

Above: The original brake "screw" for engaging the original brake on the wooden wheels.

Above: Part of the linkage that engages the brake and the bracket that once held the brake-bar.

?

A fantastic find. And good luck with the restoration.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4